Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so far i have gathered to skip the black onyx gaskets and go with factory gaskets with arp's?

Everyone agree on this?

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Yep A good 3/4 of this site will agree you won't regret it.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good thing to know. I know everyone has answered this countless times. But any suggestions on parts to replace while doing this process? Besides oil cooler and egr delete.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
How many miles on your rig?

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Well that's a good plan while your in there mise well do
6.4 banjo's
Also ford's upgraded blue fuel spring
Coolant filter - love mine (dieselsite)
Zoo dad mod (search)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Arp studs and factory gaskets...as said above most of this site will agree with you

Things to do while your in there:

Fuel pressure spring upgrade
banjo bolts
oil cooler rebuild
coolant filter kit
check the heads for cracks and machine them
if you going to go for performance down the road, you could also looking into a regulated fuel return, as well as an oil bypass filter...

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
+1 with the above posts.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
i bet the ratio is higher :eek:
LOL ya I do to more like 7/8 but you never know there's like 31k people here and I'm sure alot if them just get on one or 2 times and see the b/o kit on sale and buy without knowing better.

·
Registered
266 Posts
never hear guys say to do lifters while your in there but the day i stud my truck it will be getting new ones, might as well while your in there jmo.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
never hear guys say to do lifters while your in there but the day i stud my truck it will be getting new ones, might as well while your in there jmo.
Lifters? I have never heard of them going bad. I would lean more towards upgraded cromally pushrods. But to each there own.

·
Registered
163 Posts
When I studded my truck this fall this is what I installed.
ARP studs w/OEM gaskets
New oil cooler
Air Dog Stage II
6.4banjos
Regulated Fuel return
EGR delete
Coolant filter
I didn't due the blue spring upgrade do to installing the Air Dog on my truck. I also had my injectors rebuilt to 155cc/80. I got all parts from members of this site and spent around 3500 on parts just to give you an idea of what you will spend. Injectors where 1800 of that. I also spent $400 at a machine shop to have the heads done. Hope this helps.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definitely helps thanks guys. I do tow on occasion. This is a daily driver and in the not so near future a camper might be towed with it. Not looking for an extreme amount of hp. Just a reliable 500hp rig would be great for me

·
Powerjoker.
71 Posts
I'm in the process of doing mine as we speak.
I went with stock gaskets and it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I studded my truck this fall this is what I installed.
ARP studs w/OEM gaskets
New oil cooler
Air Dog Stage II
6.4banjos
Regulated Fuel return
EGR delete
Coolant filter
I didn't due the blue spring upgrade do to installing the Air Dog on my truck. I also had my injectors rebuilt to 155cc/80. I got all parts from members of this site and spent around 3500 on parts just to give you an idea of what you will spend. Injectors where 1800 of that. I also spent $400 at a machine shop to have the heads done. Hope this helps.
I had to do the blue spring upgrade after 10k miles with a Air Dog as my fuel pressure seem to drop on my gauge and as I maxed out on my screw on the Dog. Have you seen my problem at all on your's? Sorry to side track da thread if I did

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Is 500hp attainable without injectors? Realistically.
If you shoot nitrous LOL. But you'll need bigger injectors and bigger turbo.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had to do the blue spring upgrade after 10k miles with a Air Dog as my fuel pressure seem to drop on my gauge and as I maxed out on my screw on the Dog. Have you seen my problem at all on your's? Sorry to side track da thread if I did
I eliminated the under hood fuel filter and bowl when I installed my air dog haven't noticed any drop in fuel pressure yet but only had the air dog on for about 4 months now and haven't even put enough miles on my truck for an oil change since I installed everything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts