Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
QUITTER :)
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,
I have a 2000 7.3L 4x4 CC WHITE. Here is what I am thinking about doing and I just wanted to get some feedback on what everyone thinks. I plan to order some Black Chrome KMC HOSS wheels in a 17" mounted with 35" Toyo M/Ts. Also, I am going to finish out the 05-07 Front end and paint the upper valance and grill shell White. As for the billet grill and lower (orginally chrome) valance of the bumper I plan to get those both Line-X along with the chrome rear bumper. To top it all off I am thinking about going with the Harley Edition front lights and some smoke tail lights and cab clearance lights. I know this is one of those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" questions, but do yuo guys think that will look good? Any input its appriciated.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I love the smoked lense look, on just about any color truck. However, I've never liked the look of rhino liner on anything other than the inside of the bed.

Then again, I've seen plenty of trucks that had something I'd never thought would look good. And after seeing it kinda decided it was okay. Especially if it's something different that not every guy does.

If you think it's something you'd like, then do it. Who cares what others think?

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Get Line-x Far nicer appearance then Rhino Liner......And I love the Hoss rims.....Those are what I would like to get, same as you black and I have a white truck.......Frankly chrome and white look odd.....Except for my stacks......The black rims will look awsome, Im looking at getting the bottom 3-4 inches of my truck Line-X......

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I like the black on white look. I have my lense smoked front and back. i have black wheels but they arent black chrome. hope this gets u some kind of idea.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
You need bigger tires.....Doesnt look right.........What did you smoke the lenses out with.....Can you do both front and back ???

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Not sure if its legal but i havent been stopped yet. Tires are free, and i still tow GNs around so Im happy with the height. Plus they rub when its flexed out. its 6 on 37s

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Whats legal ???
Those are 37's........Maybe its just the flares, cause in the one view, it looks like 6" lift on 33" lol
What did you use to smoke your lights out ???

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
You need bigger tires.....Doesnt look right.........What did you smoke the lenses out with.....Can you do both front and back ???
I think it looks right

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Whats legal ???
Those are 37's........Maybe its just the flares, cause in the one view, it looks like 6" lift on 33" lol
What did you use to smoke your lights out ???
I was referring to the front headlights being legal. I took them to a body shop, they painted them with black automotive paint and then cleared them. I need HID in a bad kinda way in the front.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
I was referring to the front headlights being legal. I took them to a body shop, they painted them with black automotive paint and then cleared them. I need HID in a bad kinda way in the front.
LOL! I still have that shady dude's card I think. (HIDs for cheap that came by DI that night)

Logan. if I had headlights like yours, I would never drive at night. COP MAGNET.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Get Line-x Far nicer appearance then Rhino Liner......And I love the Hoss rims.....Those are what I would like to get, same as you black and I have a white truck.......Frankly chrome and white look odd.....Except for my stacks......The black rims will look awsome, Im looking at getting the bottom 3-4 inches of my truck Line-X......
LineX/Rhino/Ultimate Linings are all about the same thing. Just look at some other trucks around your area & see how well they are holding up & then who did it. Around here the place that did the Rhino liners was know for doing hack work because most of the trucks around here had it peel up in some spots from not being prepped correctly. On the Superduty we went with the Ultimate Lineings because the price was good & the guy around here does good work. I'm not saying one is really better than the other, I'm saying that you'll need to check around your area & see what the locals have & like.

To answer your other question, yes get the bottom of your truck sprayed. Black on white will look good! :D

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
As for the billet grill and lower (orginally chrome) valance of the bumper I plan to get those both Line-X along with the chrome rear bumper.
Pick up some black bumpers from an XL truck for cheap and use those for the Line-X. That way if by some chance you don't like the look, you still have the chrome bumpers that haven't been touched. If you do like the look, you can sell the chrome bumpers for more than you bought the black XL versions for, or keep them in case you change your mind. Just a suggestion.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Pick up some black bumpers from an XL truck for cheap and use those for the Line-X. That way if by some chance you don't like the look, you still have the chrome bumpers that haven't been touched. If you do like the look, you can sell the chrome bumpers for more than you bought the black XL versions for, or keep them in case you change your mind. Just a suggestion.
I agree with that........
And Cat there is a diff between line-x and rhino lining......Linex has a more consistant look......Rhino liner is very globular, inconsistant......IMHO the Line-x in my box compared the rhino liner in my friends, hands down Line-x looks better

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
XL grills painted mat black looks really good on white trucks.

The hook has no purpose other then to draw attention and add un-needed weight.

I will take pics of the lights 2mrrw. I do not suggest doing the same. head lights are very dim. Deadblow bought a set off a company that arent quite as dark but still look good. I will get him to post pics as well.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
That hook's sweet, I want one!
I'm also likeing the bumpers, I think I want those kind

1 - 20 of 28 Posts