Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious...where you guys have the TC lock up at and what is your MPG. I see all of these decent MPG's being posted and I only see 10-12 with easy driving and wondering if having my TC lockup at 45 is the reason. I do understand that having my lift and 37's does not help things, but would not mind having a bit more MPG. I have it set to firm shifting also and have run the tuner on all settings with the same results. Not a big deal since I did not buy the truck for the MPG, but wouldn't mind getting a bit more. Thanks in advance!!

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
I am just curious...where you guys have the TC lock up at and what is your MPG. I see all of these decent MPG's being posted and I only see 10-12 with easy driving and wondering if having my TC lockup at 45 is the reason. I do understand that having my lift and 37's does not help things, but would not mind having a bit more MPG. I have it set to firm shifting also and have run the tuner on all settings with the same results. Not a big deal since I did not buy the truck for the MPG, but wouldn't mind getting a bit more. Thanks in advance!!
stock lockup is 46mph ..so that not the issue. is it a really big tune? i see about 15-16 in the 310 race file.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock lockup is 46mph ..so that not the issue. is it a really big tune? i see about 15-16 in the 310 race file.
What lift and tire combo do you have?

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
when i was on stock turbos and 37s, i only got about 11-12 mpg this time of year, give it a month and its going to go back up a good bit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!! I figured the people without lifts and larger tires were the ones getting the 15-18 MPG range. I just wanted to verify.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
My truck has never locked up at 46 mph in stock form. Locks up at 50 mph on the dot. Same with my dad's truck. It doesn't even lock up that early running the 250 and under tunes. Always at 50 mph. The 210 TP, 275, and 310 tunes are the only tunes I have ever ran that lock up before 50. Wonder if its Job 1 TCM related....

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
My truck has never locked up at 46 mph in stock form. Locks up at 50 mph on the dot. Same with my dad's truck. It doesn't even lock up that early running the 250 and under tunes. Always at 50 mph. The 210 TP, 275, and 310 tunes are the only tunes I have ever ran that lock up before 50. Wonder if its Job 1 TCM related....
oh well..the 07's and earlier lockup there..my truck was only stock for a week. my bad.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
wow! i get an honest 19 to 20 on long stretches of highway on 37x18's, hand calculated (keep it around 65 to 70)!
i hope you arent going by what the dash says?

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
My truck seems to like lock-up around 55mph, especially with the bigger tires I just put on it. Doesn't lug as hard and snuff the chargers at half throttle when accelerating, because of the rpms being up a tad higher at lock-up speed.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have my TC lockup set at 55, I had my 6.0 set at 45 and didnt like it. I just need to go in a trip to check my mpg, I just run around here and never go any further than 10 miles.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow! i get an honest 19 to 20 on long stretches of highway on 37x18's, hand calculated (keep it around 65 to 70)!
i hope you arent going by what the dash says?
Its hand calculated. If I was going by the dash I would be getting like 28 city and 55 highway...LOL

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
im sure if you are on a long trip and are over 65/70 it wouldnt really matter? 50 would be better for lowe tunes reasons being like mentioned before, have a higher RPM band so it doesnt lug its way up.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Its hand calculated. If I was going by the dash I would be getting like 28 city and 55 highway...LOL

what gears do you have? i have 3.73's in my pig so around 70, with the 37's, RPM's stay around 1700 or so.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what gears do you have? i have 3.73's in my pig so around 70, with the 37's, RPM's stay around 1700 or so.
Same set up as you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No big deal. I have some surging around 50 mph and Casey from H&S told me to raise the TC lock up from 45 to 55-60 to help with the surging. Maybe it will help with the mpg. I am not that concerned about the mpg I was just wondering what others were getting with lifts and larger tires. Thanks again for all the responses!!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
How are all you guys liking the blackmaxx. would you take the spartan over it or no. I was talkin to Casey today and he told me that they could build me a set of tunes equal to the 310 spartan if I wanted it. I'm just curious about them I dont hear of very many fords with them on. The only one I have really heard about was Jason's

1 - 20 of 31 Posts