Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on getting some black halo headlights pretty soon. Ive been looking on ebay for a while and theres a few on there i like. Some come with
H1 bulbs and are pre-wired with the hid kits so all you have to do is plug and play. Others dont come with bulbs or require some wiring. Guess my question is do I need to buy a set of halos that come with an HID conversion kit and bulbs or will i be fine with the pre-wired ones with bulbs.?

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Man stay away from Halo headlights, do some harley headlights or an 05 conversion. I thought of doing the same thing awhile back and im SO glad i didnt do it. After all were driving Fords here, not dodges LOL

·
Registered
586 Posts
:whs: the harley are so sweet i just did mine the looked smoked even though their clear. really brings the front end to life. no halos:D

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol..ya i think il take that into consideration...i just need some new headlights..mine are fading..and i want some brighter bulbs as well.

·
Registered
586 Posts
harleys with the H13 bulb was so much brighter than my stock 99 ones. then i just put HIDs on and holy hell they are bright i get honked and flicked off so much!! ill post sum pics up so you can see when i get home.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Harley Headlights or an 05 front end conversion with Retro-Solutions HID's. I have an 06 and i did a harley front end conversion and put the Retro-Solutions HID's in mine and love them.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
i think i paid like 200 bucks to my door for Retro-solutions kit, i got the 4300k Check out Retro-Solutions.com for thier kits. Lifetime warranty included.

·
Registered
586 Posts
what year is your truck? no the HIDS are seperate but not needed they harleys come with h13 bulbs which are still bright but the HID is for the pur white or blue look but i hade to use a new harness when i put the harleys on but its easy

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
look at his sig, its an 02

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mines an 02 7.3..i want the bright white or blues..so guess i need a HID kit.

·
Registered
586 Posts
it wasnt on there at first:poke::mad:....LOL yea guess so bud. but its total its like 600 bucks if you get the oem harleys and like around 300 for the knock offs

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
it was in the first post, i got the eagle eye harley lights(which suck) but they'll work for now until i can afford OEM. not sure what they cost for the pre 05 front ends. Its your truck man, do what you want, but i would stay away from the halo headlights. Retro-Solutions has kits for your trucks front end style

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can find 05 + harley lights on ebay..think theyre around 200 last time i looked but dunno if they were knock offs or not.

·
Registered
586 Posts
yea pretty sure they are, they are like five bills for the oem set

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I say get the halos Harleys are like rockstars and elbows every body has them and i am sick of seeing them just my. 0.2:blah:
What and look like a Dodge? Halo headlights are to Dodges like Harley Headlights are to Fords.

·
Registered
745 Posts
What and look like a Dodge? Halo headlights are to Dodges like Harley Headlights are to Fords.
Dare to be different. Heck i like the yellow markers. The yellow looks good on a red truck. Just saying do yo own thing.

·
Registered
586 Posts
as long as your not driven in a dodge your guna be good!LOL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts