Just painted my front wheels today, finishing the rear wheels tomorrow. These are the steps I did:
1. washed wheels with dish soap
2. went over wheels inside and outside with 400 sand paper
3. went over wheels inside and outside with 1000 sand paper
4. washed again with dish soap again
5. let dry
6. spray with 2 coats of rust-o-lium adhesive primer
7. spray with 3 coats of black BBQ/Grill paint (or color of your choice)
8. spray with 2 coats of clear coat for wheels
If you want the flat black look then skip #8. I'll post pics when I can.
So far I've only found one run that I will take some sand paper to tomorrow and re-apply clear coat.
A forum community dedicated to Ford Power Stroke owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about diesel performance, modifications, EGR deletes, troubleshooting, lift kits, tires, wheels, maintenance, and more!