Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy was behind me the other day and said he noticed my truck would put out a mix of black and blueish smoke whenever i left a light. i know it could be a number of things but the truck runs perfectly fine from what i can hear and see my service engine light is on but its been on since i installed and later removed a 10k resistor in my ICP sensor. im gonna have the truck scanned for codes soon but was wondering if anyone could help me out on this before hand. thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
was the truck warmed up? How many miles you got?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the truck was plaenty warmed up and its got 127XXX miles on it

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i never noticed any smoke other than the good kind come out until i put my stacks in, i know it prolly dont have much to do with it. just thinking of anything. anyone got any ideas

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Ever since i got my tunes, if i lug the motor for a while just cruising around it smokes blue and black for a bit. i think it is just that the motor gets loaded up with all the extra fuel. once i clean it out it goes away...

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i "blow" my motor out about once a day and its pretty thick, after that its just little spurts every now an than

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
black= unburnt fuel, blue= oil.

How's your turbo, shaft play, ect...?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill have a look at the turbo today, what exactly should i look for?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turbo is good, after reading up on it im strating to lean on the glow plug side either the glow plugs themselves or the glow plug control module(since im so lucky to have a cali truck) ill continue to read up on it if anyone has anything to add id greatly appericiate it since ive been losing sleep over this lol!!

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
evening bump for someone who can help me out

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
It's nothing to do with the glow plugs if the trucks warmed up. When exactly do you get a blue haze and how much of a blue haze?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i get a little puff of it whenever i accelerate from a stop.?? if not the glow plugs possibly the injevtor o rings??

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
i get a little puff of it whenever i accelerate from a stop.?? if not the glow plugs possibly the injevtor o rings??
Nope not glow plugs or anything to do with them if its happening when the truck is up to temp. The only thing they have to do with is cold starting.

How many miles are on your truck?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
127500 miles on it. i was lookin under the hood today jus messin around and everyhing sounded fine, blow by was normal, Could the ICP have something to do with it?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
driving home today i was gettin on the highway and got on it and watched my smoke it was mostly black/grey so im at a loss now i guess the truck has a mind of its own lol

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha no.

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its probably a long shot but i took my ccv off and found that it was leaking from the gaskets(that are supposed to seal it to the valve cover) were pinched and torn real bad and was leaking decently, could this possibly be causing my truck to smoke???? again i know its prolly a long shot but im tryin to figure this out.

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BUMP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts