Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on biodiesel? As far as performance goes, is power about the same? Are you still pullin about the same mileage as what you're gettin out the pump? Me and a couple buddies are lookin to run it but want more of a take on it from the guys who've ran it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ive never run actual bio diesel, however , when I lived in Carolina a buddy of mine was making the veggie oil fuel with the diesel secret system. At the time I had a 91 dodge W250 with the 12v Cummins and it ran better on that than on regular diesel fuel. That being said , it was a 12v Cummins and that thing would run on anything I think. I havent gotten the balls up to put that stuff in my 6.0 yet. My buddy was was running it in his H1 Hummer ,and in his wifes VW Jetta , and his 7.3 PS. for about .50 per gallon. I wish I was sure it would run right in my truck cuz my wifes dad owns 5 McDonalds rest. and I could get all the veg oil I could use !

·
Pitbull-Powerstroker
125 Posts
I've ran B5 all the way up to B100 and the truck ran a little more quiet and was about even on power. Maybe a hair less power wise but felt smoother with less injector cackle.
I'm on the fence about doing a greasel conversion or refining grease into bio.
Snake05 on here has a sweet greasel set up and has put alot of miles on his truck so its proven that the 6.0 wont explode on that fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts