Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone sold me bio diesel and I have a 03 6.0 can I run my truck off of this without any mods?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've heard lots of success stories, however I would certainly err on the side of caution and mix it, if you're running it for the first time.
Bio is also a solvent, for lack of a better word, so it will take the crap and filth thats in your tank and lines and carry it to the filter, so be mindful of that as well. :aiwebs_001:

·
There can be only one
417 Posts
I'd suggest you upgrade your fuel system. The higher the bio content the more damaging to the system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to have to agree and disagree with highlandre, upgrading your fuel system is a good idea anyway, if you choose to run bio.
However, of course, depending on the quality of the fuel, bio is not damaging to the system at all, unless you drive a vehicle with rubber fuel lines, OR have poor quality fuel. Then you will run into issues, coking injectors, cold start problems, etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd suggest you upgrade your fuel system. The higher the bio content the more damaging to the system.

WTH? If you're going to post up a comment like that, at least take the time to explain your generic statement. Someone might read this thread and actually believe what you wrote.

·
There can be only one
417 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The op has a '03 6.0. The materials that were used to construct the fuel system are not the problem. Engine programming is the problem. The necessity for ASTM quality fuel is another. If I had a 6.0, I would not burn bio in it unless it met ASTM specs and was 5% or less of the total volume of fuel in the tank. Your link addresses none of this because it is very vague. Sound familiar?

I'm easily annoyed by posts that neither answer a question completely or correctly and easily misleads others who know little about the topic. If that offends you, I can't help you.

·
There can be only one
417 Posts
Well perhaps if you're easily annoyed then you can provide better information so we can all learn. If not, then you're doing nothing to add to the conversation.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Bio diesel is a generic term as well. Has it been through transesterfication or is it straight waste. What stock did it come from. If it is stripped did the methanol get cleaned out. What additives are present... Biodiesel can mean so many things. I would contact Ford directly to get the best answers to your questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts