Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing some new shocks and i wanna go with some bilsteins. I had my front springs re arched and a add a leaf installed last summer. So my question is do i need like a 1inch over stock custom shock for the front cause of the add a leaf or can i just use a stock size shock for the front???

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody one here running bilstein 5100's on their obs without a lift or with just a leveling kit?

·
GIG 'EM
240 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing.
I raised my truck 2.5" in the front and i'm still on the stock shocks.:doh:
I've never heard of people running 5100s on a D50 ttb, but it could be possible that it is the same shock that people run after they do a 3" RSK on a D60 truck.
So if people have 5100s on their D60 front ends with 3" of lift I'm sure we can run them oun our trucks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I don't wanna lift my truck with the stock ttb in their. But I know I can use 5100's or 5125's cause I have seen them on plenty of trucks like mine.

·
GIG 'EM
240 Posts
So you just have an add-a-leaf and no drop brackets? I'm just not sure if you'd have enough lift to run those shocks. But I wouldnt opt for the OE replacements from Bilstein though. I hear their performance is no where near the 5100s.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dude at four wheel parts said they would work just fine but who knows...

·
GIG 'EM
240 Posts
So he said that 5100s for a truck with about 4" of lift will work on a truck with only 2" of lift?
I'm just not sure if it will work.
I'd PM Cary (OBSWIZ) if you havent already, he should know what to do.
But keep me posted on what you end up doing, because i really want to get some 5100s unde my truck.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing.
I raised my truck 2.5" in the front and i'm still on the stock shocks.:doh:
I've never heard of people running 5100s on a D50 ttb, but it could be possible that it is the same shock that people run after they do a 3" RSK on a D60 truck.
So if people have 5100s on their D60 front ends with 3" of lift I'm sure we can run them oun our trucks.
When I bought a set of Bilsteins from OffRoadUnlimited they sold me a different part number shock for use with their RSK.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i bought my bilsteins from OBSWIZ. im running the 5125s and i love them.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Whats needed for proper selection of Bilsteins is the installed length with the truck on the ground bolt to bolt then correct shocks can be ordered not just whats spec'd as usually its a one size fits 2-3 different lift kits .

Cary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts