Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much will Bilsteins help the ride of my truck? Im not doing a RSK or any other suspension mods, just considering new shocks, and I wanted to know if they would improve the ride enough to justify the expense.

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I have them on mine front and rear. I like them, Had Monroe before. The Bilsteins ride and respond a little better.
I would not go with a cheapie , just my $.02.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I had Bilsteins on my 1994 and loved them (I've also had them other vehicles). My wife even noticed the difference. When I replace the ones an my 97, they will be Bilsteins as well. Cheers!

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I also like mine.

·
GIG 'EM
240 Posts
Do they sell 5100s for OBS with the TTB. I hear 5100s are the shizz for lifted trucks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i just put 5100's on my rear and 4800's on the front they dont make a 5100's for the front so i have been told if you dont have a lift i love them and they were not that much more than going back with the motercraft ones.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i happy with mine so far, way better then the ones i had before. and from what i have heard the 5125s are better for are trucks then the 5100s.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
When I bought mine at about 6k for my new superduty in 2001 I could not feel a difference over the stock shocks-was not overly impressed.Now at almost 100k I am impressed..they still feel new.They are not going to reduce harshness..it will still ride like a 3/4 ton truck.If you have excessive bouncing, they will fix that.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
Anybody have a part # for bilsteins ifor the TTB front end?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts