Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, since I took the level kit off my truck, I need to get some shorter shocks to put up front. Plus these Ranchos aren't that great. Everyone has told me to buy Bilsteins, can anyone point me in the right direction for them?

All I can find for a stock height truck from Bilstein are the ugly yellow and blue shocks. Can I get the silver and black ones for stock ride height? Everything I've found said they were for 4"-6" lifts. :confused:

I need the Bilstein 5100 right? I won't buy the yellow ones though :lame:

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
I need the Bilstein 5100 right? I won't buy the yellow ones though :lame:

The 5100's are the ones to get. I got mine in grey from Off Road Unlimited when I had them install the reverse shackle kit on my 96 PSD.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Last time I checked the 0-2" lift app. Bilsteins for the 99-04 SDs were only available in the yellow and blue.

I like Monroe Reflex as well.....and they are silver.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
That's all I can find too, I just don't like the yellow and blue :doh:
Jacob, get them from eshocks.com, thats wher ei bought mine, then go have someone powdercoat them or just paint them. I love the shocks, they work really well. smoothed out my ride a lot better, of course i had crappy ol trailmasters(JUNK!!!) Im sure u might know someone who can paint the shocks inexpensively

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I don't think anyone will bake a pressurized shock to powdercoat it.
You can paint them though.

U are right, i didnt think about that, LOL

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i have the bilsteins 5100 hd's they are stiff.
kyb is the only other i would buy, they are white w/red boots.search around i paid 175.00 for all 4, sleaz bay.

·
Boomer Sooner!
369 Posts
All I've heard is that Bilstein's are great for the F250's, no matter which ones you get -- just depends on your application... one think is to make sure you get the proper shock depending on 4x4 or not...

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have the 5100s and thay are great unfortunatly I dont think thay make the for stock hight trucks. The yellow and blue is ugly but thats nothing a rattle can cant fix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts