Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What advantages will I get by installing a Bighead Wastegate Actuator ?

If so will it make a noticeable difference ?

Thanks

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
If your going to use a aftermarket wastegate controler look to the Turbomaster, about 80 bucks cheaper, easier to ajust, and just plain works.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If your going to use a aftermarket wastegate controler look to the Turbomaster, about 80 bucks cheaper, easier to ajust, and just plain works.
I agree I wish I would of got the turbo master one instead of the banks one. When I had mine installed at Oregon Fuel injection they said it gave me 5 more PSI But I didn't have guages at that time so I couldn't tell ya. I personally couldn't tell a differance I will sell you mine if you realy want one.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The turbo master is a good unit. It will keep the gate closed longer because of the adjustable stronger spring. I had a BBHA and accidentally screwed it in too far on the preload and ended up pushing 32lbs with a 1.0 housing. I had to pull it and adjust it back out (The TM is easier to adjust as stated above).

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
damn wish i knew that before i bought mine a while back. the person who installed my bighead wg didnt turn it for the preload and it wasnt running good, he did adjust it and i only see 26psi on my hottest tune. what is the difference between the two anyway

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
damn wish i knew that before i bought mine a while back. the person who installed my bighead wg didnt turn it for the preload and it wasnt running good, he did adjust it and i only see 26psi on my hottest tune. what is the difference between the two anyway
IMHO 26 is fine for what you have.

The only difference I know of is the way that you adjust the spring pressure.

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
cool cool, and i heard of people puttn em on and gettn 30 +, i didnt want to over do it tho

·
riverjet
459 Posts
It will give up to 32 on mine with it cranked down....but why do you want more boost wit a stock turbo ?You will not gain more power or clean up more smoke and the turbo will be short lived.

·
Registered
620 Posts
24 - 26 on a stock turbo is more than enough. A TM will help if your WG is getting weak and opening prematurely but it doesn't sound like yours is. So IMHO I wouldn't spend the $$ on it right now, there are however a billion other things that you can spend it on (PMS)... :D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
24 - 26 on a stock turbo is more than enough. A TM will help if your WG is getting weak and opening prematurely but it doesn't sound like yours is. So IMHO I wouldn't spend the $$ on it right now, there are however a billion other things that you can spend it on (PMS)... :D
Thanks I will hold off on that ?

I will think of something else :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts