EGR Delete
R/R
Strictly Banjo's Front and back of heads
AD II
Hellman Sump
Fluid dampner
Rebuild oil cooler/HPOP (gaskets)
Ect.

As soon as i get a chance to sort through the pictures i will get em up.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I reply to your trouble thread if you have anymore questions few free to ask me

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Pics.
1st couple are how much fun it is getting the 41's off the truck and onto rims only to get it in the garage, Redenck 101 take the wheels off, install rims on non-steerable coaster's and drive the sucker the rest of the way in on them LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
looks like a fun build! just a quick question though. why not go with a TSD fuel sump. they are a little cheaper and look sweet!!!!! just a thought

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HPOP cleanup & refresh, Hellman Sump Install & Misc pics.

One thing to note is that you will notice that the sump hole is drilled/cut at an offest of +/- 1 cm back from the dimple where the stock fuel pickup is (inside of the tank), the reason for this is because the sealing area/gasket on the hellman sum is so large that if you were to cut it even with that dimple, a portion of your sump sealing are ends up on the downward curve of the tank istelf. With the hole cut like this the entire sealing area on the tank is flat and level. I also measured the gasket prior to the cut and it fit perfectley between the bolt holes and the dimple.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some More sump & Misc.

I didn't have time to finish my skid plate conversion, it will cover up the sump and protect it at the same time as well as the fuel line. I will post up those pics in a couple weeks. Lots more work/finalizing to come when i get time... Back on 23 & 5 so time is very scarce. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like a fun build! just a quick question though. why not go with a TSD fuel sump. they are a little cheaper and look sweet!!!!! just a thought
The TSD wasn't in stock or the shipping to Canada was screwed, if i remember correct.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I love my Hellmann's sump. Been running it since early spring and has been great.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
anytime, even stock, takes a lot of pressure off the pump, doesnt have to suck it from the top of the tank.

I want to run one with my stock pump and see how long I can make it last with a RR and my 190's

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anytime, even stock, takes a lot of pressure off the pump, doesnt have to suck it from the top of the tank.

I want to run one with my stock pump and see how long I can make it last with a RR and my 190's

The amount of fuel this thing flows out the bottom of the tank is crazy, fill a 5 gallon pail very quickly even with hydrostatic pressure of the tank only. It's 100% awesomeness!

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts

I dont mean to hijack this thread but I have a related question here. I currently have a stock fuel pump with an ITP RR Kit and I have my fuel pressure set at ~60 psi (it gets as high as 62psi if it is cold out and down as low as 59 psi when the truck is at NOT) on my CTS. My fuel pressure stays pretty constant even when i get on it. Now I have stock injectors and am thinking (based on listening to other folks talk about their varying fuel pressure problems) that my stock fuel pump is in pretty good condition and if I just installed a fuel sump, could I get away with running 190s with 100% nozzles?? Just curious.

BTW this truck has always been one of my favorites to read about. I mean come on who wouldnt like one of our trucks with 41in tires?? I know i would but couldnt afford to drive it due to fuel costs and tire replacements. Nice build.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Some Pics.
1st couple are how much fun it is getting the 41's off the truck and onto rims only to get it in the garage, Redenck 101 take the wheels off, install rims on non-steerable coaster's and drive the sucker the rest of the way in on them LOL.
Thanks for the great idea. You just saved me a lot of trouble.

How much are the coasters rated for ?

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
I dont mean to hijack this thread but I have a related question here. I currently have a stock fuel pump with an ITP RR Kit and I have my fuel pressure set at ~60 psi (it gets as high as 62psi if it is cold out and down as low as 59 psi when the truck is at NOT) on my CTS. My fuel pressure stays pretty constant even when i get on it. Now I have stock injectors and am thinking (based on listening to other folks talk about their varying fuel pressure problems) that my stock fuel pump is in pretty good condition and if I just installed a fuel sump, could I get away with running 190s with 100% nozzles?? Just curious.

BTW this truck has always been one of my favorites to read about. I mean come on who wouldnt like one of our trucks with 41in tires?? I know i would but couldnt afford to drive it due to fuel costs and tire replacements. Nice build.

sure its possible, ill be doing just this to see if it works

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I would presume you are looking for only a certain pressure drop to be able to consider it a success right??

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
I currently have a stock fuel pump with an ITP RR Kit and I have my fuel pressure set at ~60 psi (it gets as high as 62psi if it is cold out and down as low as 59 psi when the truck is at NOT) on my CTS. My fuel pressure stays pretty constant even when i get on it.
Exactly what i have going on, just 155's. No issues. Asked about the sump for reasons of upgrading to 190's (thx for the answer pizza)

Sorry for more of a derail, I also dig the ops truck. Good luck w the build

1 - 20 of 28 Posts