Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I'm pulling lots of stuff apart. I am doing the following, Roosewood DIY stage ones, 1.0 turbo housing, chevy exhuast donuts (to fix the leak that was starting), relocating my pyro sender to pre-turbo, replacing pedistool o-rings, wiring a convertor lock, wiring my ebpv to act as a exhuast brake, and some other misc stuff. Any thoughts, comments, input or tips on any of it would be appreciated!! Got my evenings cut out for me for a few nights!:eek:

·
Fire junkie
536 Posts
Dammm, when your done let me know I will drop my truck off to yaa seeing how you already know how to do it:poke: anyway sounds fun good luck

Roy

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, after this I gotta drop the tranny and go through it but that'll have to wait for another time or until it lets go! Sure if you weren't so far away I'd say do it! I work in a shop during my days:ford: thats why I drive Fords

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I have a nice tool to suck the oil out of the cylinders if you need it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it better than the little mity vac with a small tube on it? I think my turbo needs rebuilding, bummer. Found a local guy that will do the machine work for $80 bucks and my machinist says he is really good(mine can't do grinding). Those injectors are no joke! I was up til 3 last night tearing everything apart and cleaning it all up. What did I get into:doh: Still looking for input, on the ebpv thing exspecially:poke:

·
Registered
448 Posts
thread searches man?

·
Registered
448 Posts
oh and what makes you say your turbo needs rebuilding? youre pulling it and putting the housing on so just buy a rebuild kit from beans and maybe a new wheel and that will probably be cheaper and better than machining or whatever.....do the work simultaneously and you should be good to go. how many miles?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has some side to side play on the end of the shaft, both sides, and I've read to many people hve blown up the factory turbo with this 1.0 housing so I don't want to risk it!! rebuild kits not too bad? It has 130k on it. My injector clearances were awesome, almost factory specs so I was hoping that the turbo would be real tight too but no luck

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Side to side is somewhat ok as long as it isn't hitting the housing. In and out play is bad.

·
Registered
446 Posts
go ahead and do the turbo rebuild man. it is real easy. i rebuilt mine this past week, and did the pedistal o-rings, and i did the RDS stage 1's bout 2 months ago, so i've done a good bit of the things you are doing, lemme know if you need some pointers and i'll let you know how i made it work. lol. some of it was a pain in the ass but this is my first diesel and first time i've done any of this type of thing so most of it was a learning experience for me.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Torque the housing bolts with a torque wrench to 17 ft-lbs. Had mine done hand tight, the bolts fell out and the housing ate up the impeller....LOL

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to torque stuff or I end up breaking em! I opted to not rebuild it based on the advice of someone that is much more familiar with turbos than I. Almost done should be tomorrow will let everyone know how it all works!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts