Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think this will ever be possible. i know on th top end on my truck the smoke clears out but when you first take off and pours it out the exhaust. would there ever be anyway to eliminate the smoke on the bottom end but still have the power just thinking out loud here

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not complaining i like my truck the way it is i just saying in general could huge number be achieved with zero smoke

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
A compound turbo setup is much better at managing smoke than a single charger with large injectors. That is just my opinion and what I am going to be doing to my truck as soon as money allows.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
It shouldn't smoke that bad in number 5 which makes the same power as number 6. Number 6 is number 5 with the smoke control relaxed for easier spoolup when brake stalling the truck when drag racing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It shouldn't smoke that bad in number 5 which makes the same power as number 6. Number 6 is number 5 with the smoke control relaxed for easier spoolup when brake stalling the truck when drag racing.
yes you are right matt 5 has almost zero smoke on take off just a light haze 6 however pours it out but there is nothing wrong with the programming i was just asking a question in general it seems tons of people want more smoke but i want big power with as little smoke as possibble. like if you added larger injectors you would have to add a huge turbo to have zero smoke right?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
It's all a tradeoff between response and airflow with a bigger single charger. Mike (blowby) has the highest HP and lowest smoke from his combination of tiny small charger and big atmosphere charger in his compound setup.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
Its ok maybe one day you can have a fast truck too. ;)

I would be curious as to what someone could lay down with a supercharger/turbo combination. Come on Dave do it.
anyway you look at it, it would be less than a properly setup compound or NOS/single turbo system, that said I want to go faster not slower.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts