Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that the next step for power in my pickup is going to be one of the three. After speaking with a vendor I began to think that big oil should be next. However, searching the threads made me think that injectors would be a good way to go. All I'm looking for is more towing power as I'm trying to avoid buying a new truck. I do realize I'm handicapped with PMR's so I can't go extreme. Any tips would be appreciated.

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
A set of Terminator pumps will turn your truck into a more efficient towing beast. With the proper tuning it would be awesome.

Welcome to the Nation!!!!

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
I'd be very careful with injectors and Big oil. I'd look @ a nice mild turbo upgrade and a set of hybrids.

Of go ewith BO and a very mild set of injectors. 190CC or 200 and your PMRs will be safe. Anymore than that and you'll be looking @ a whole in your block.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A set of Terminator pumps will turn your truck into a more efficient towing beast. With the proper tuning it would be awesome.

Welcome to the Nation!!!!
Thanks, this is a great site. I was getting a little tired of another HEAVILY advertised, under posted website.

I'm leaning towards the Pulse as it's alot less $$ than the Terminator. If it's that much better I would go that way though.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Welcome to the Nation!

Sounds like your on the right track. An oil system will get you the full potential out of your stock injectors, and you can always increase injector size in the future and know that you will never out grow your oil system.

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
Thanks, this is a great site. I was getting a little tired of another HEAVILY advertised, under posted website.

I'm leaning towards the Pulse as it's alot less $$ than the Terminator. If it's that much better I would go that way though.

The Terminators are proven to preform and last.

If you want the best tow vehicle, bigger injectors will need a bigger turbo to be the most effecient combo. And with your trucks PMR's, who knows what will happen. Oil would be a more efficient way to go and I recommend the TE system because it is proven from truck with stock injectors all the way up to SHO B codes.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts

Do the oil first. I'm sure you'd be happy with the pulse, but the proven performance and depenability is worth the extra bucks to go with the Termy. Plus the customer service is top notch..and the warrenty is the best in the biz!!!!

Welcome to the Nation

·
Registered
504 Posts
if I ever get enough money Im going with Terminator. I need a 2nd,3rd,and 4th job to support my habbit though

·
2nd class citizen
797 Posts
i just purchased the terminator big oil and i tow a 17k trailer.big oil is definently a must when pulling i got major improvement. example pulled this hill by my house without big oil i was floored to go 65 mph. after big oil install 1/2 throttle 65 mph.also i don't have to give as much throttle when driving on flat ground = less boost = better fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'd be very careful with injectors and Big oil. I'd look @ a nice mild turbo upgrade and a set of hybrids.

Of go ewith BO and a very mild set of injectors. 190CC or 200 and your PMRs will be safe. Anymore than that and you'll be looking @ a whole in your block.
160 cc AC singles, H2e, Big Oil, Spearco, BTS tranny and Jody was afraid to give me the 80e program on my truck because of the PMRs.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
160 cc AC singles, H2e, Big Oil, Spearco, BTS tranny and Jody was afraid to give me the 80e program on my truck because of the PMRs.
180cc singles, Terminator oil, fuel system, etc, modded stock turbo.

140++++ extreme aggressive etc, etc, etc. Basically maxed out my injectors and neither Jody nor I were skeered.

The # values change significantly when you add more than your standard mods to the mix so I don't like to say "80 econo 120 race, etc, etc".

If anything I'd call my extreme program a 160, but I just call it extreme / race.

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
so what does 415 at the ground equal at the flywheel?

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
One thing you forgot, Haulnhorses2 has more air, so he needs to be more careful. ;)
and bigger nozzles. I think that's more important than the air. Jody said my tunes wouldn't need to be changed for a bb turbo, which *should* clean up ALL of my fuel.

Haulin's h2 will spool slower on the bottom than stock or garrett bb, which is a good thing in my opinion. Shifting the torque curve to higher rpms is easier on rods.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
It appears that the next step for power in my pickup is going to be one of the three. After speaking with a vendor I began to think that big oil should be next. However, searching the threads made me think that injectors would be a good way to go. All I'm looking for is more towing power as I'm trying to avoid buying a new truck. I do realize I'm handicapped with PMR's so I can't go extreme. Any tips would be appreciated.
Call Tony Wildman at www.totaldieselperformance.com, he will reprogram your TS chip for @ $150 & get you some new tunes for the setup you decided on.

I like swamps 175/146 single shot injectors , they work well for me towing. I have the van turbo but will look at upgrading to the H2 in the future because of the bigger injectors.

Dieselsites Pulse looks like a good deal, especially if you can hook up with him while he is on the road during the promotion - free install.

I haven't got big oil yet, - sure it will help but with a good set of single shots and the right tuning a healthy stock HPOP will maintain pressure better than with the stock split shots. The stock split shots use alot more oil than single shots. I no longer get the SES light from the 1211 code because of the HPOP not being able to keep up with the demand. IMO I would go with the injectors & turbo first, then you can decide if you need a HPOP upgrade.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts