Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my everything put back together after pretty much a full rebuild as the cam was shot. I put in a stage 2 cam and 225/100 injectors with a stage 3 kc turbo, lift pump, regulated return, and all that Jazz. I couldn’t get a new tune for it as I needed the ecu strategy but I wanted to hear it run. I got her started and it idled great but as soon as I gave it just a touch of throttle it reved up super high to almost 3000rpm and when it came back down it almost sounded like it was missing for a few seconds but came out of it. The high pressure oil stayed constant along with fuel pressure and ficm voltage. Am I missing something or am I just overthinking it and need to see wait and see if the custom tune will work that out?

·
Registered
2006 F250, 6.0 powerstroke
26 Posts
So I just got my everything put back together after pretty much a full rebuild as the cam was shot. I put in a stage 2 cam and 225/100 injectors with a stage 3 kc turbo, lift pump, regulated return, and all that Jazz. I couldn’t get a new tune for it as I needed the ecu strategy but I wanted to hear it run. I got her started and it idled great but as soon as I gave it just a touch of throttle it reved up super high to almost 3000rpm and when it came back down it almost sounded like it was missing for a few seconds but came out of it. The high pressure oil stayed constant along with fuel pressure and ficm voltage. Am I missing something or am I just overthinking it and need to see wait and see if the custom tune will work that out?
Had you cleaned the air filter with a anything thing before you started it? Such as brake clean..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If you don't have tunes for those big injectors then that is the cause of your problem... Your new injectors don't need the same pulse length as the old ones did. You basically injected a TON of fuel even though you just tapped the petal. Your motor responded in kind and rev-ed to the moon. I would try again after you have the correct tunes. It will probably take care of the "hiccup" you heard when it came back down in rpms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts