Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask all the big brains step in for a moment.

We have had this happen once already, and again on Friday. I spent all day today going through what I did the last time to try to make it go away, yet understand what had happened.

Truck is a 2005. It had a code for the Throttle Plate. Well the plate went away in 04 this truck wasnt even wired for it. My guy reflashed the FICM, did everything properly. Went to turn key and no crank. Dash goes blank, wrench light, UO155 No Communication to Cluster. I popped in a PCM from another 05 we had on the shelf and it cranked. I started to play games in swapping FICMs and PCMs to try to remember how I fixed it last time. I finally put the original FICM and original PCM in. I noticed the VIN was reading incorrect and milege on IDS was wrong.

I now selected No for vehicle identification and manually ended the PCM part number. It flashed and took. Truck runs, now I have ABS codes. I went through and programmed it with tire size and axle ratio. ABS light gone, but I STILL have a code for VIN Mismatch for ABS module. I ran the Programmable Installation on the ABS several times, code is STILL there.

Keep in mind I ran the part number for the PCM and it matches the VIN. With all this jiberish, can anybody make any sense of why the truck would not crank nor read cluster after he flashed the FICM??? Also, even with entering in the correct VIN, why is the ABS module still a VIN Mismatch?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Odd, For it to even give you a code for the throttle plate The PCM had to have been programed for one. It may also be a computer error and set that code. As for why it wouldn't crank, my guess would be a bad connection. I was not even aware that the ABS module was vin coded. Were you able to put back your PCM and get it to crank?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Just looked at a wire diagram. The PCM applies a ground for the starter relay. Looks to be pin #4 on the PCM. I was never aware of this. You may have bad or dirty connections at the PCM.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All connections are fine. I found this out with the first truck if I backprobe and grounded #4, the engine would crank. So its a programming error, I just dont know what is the issue. I want to avoid this again.

I put the stock PCM back in after the new one and reflashed it several times. Nothing. I than realized it was reading wrong VIN and milege so when it asked for verification I selected no and manually enter PCM part number and all was good. except it didnt take the tire size and axle ratio. All that has been figured out, except the VIN mismatch on ABS module

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing I read was a PMI, Programmable Module Installation... I have been treading carefully with this truck cause I dont want it to lock out again. I will search again tomorrow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts