Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put some new rubber on my truck this spring, i've picked out 2 sets i think i'll try. Just wondering if any you guys have these tire's on your trucks or can lean me one way or the other. I'm lookin for good traction in mud, snow, and will give me lots of miles!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the Duratracs in a 285/75/16E. I only have about 7k on them, but so far they have been great. No visible signs of any wear yet. Alot better in the mud and snow than my old mickey MTZ's. They tow great also. I will definetly buy them again.

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
I'm looking to put some new rubber on my truck this spring, i've picked out 2 sets i think i'll try. Just wondering if any you guys have these tire's on your trucks or can lean me one way or the other. I'm lookin for good traction in mud, snow, and will give me lots of miles!!!
I have both of these tires, in sets. My summer (no snow) tires are 35x12.50x18 BFG KM2's, 5 star performance all around, except ice & snow. My other set is a 275/65R20 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac, exceptional in all conditions, all conditions. And factory sizes look mean too. Almost worth not using the summer tires anymore...

My .02 > Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I've ran the good year duratracs for 15K now on my 97, they work extremely well in the snow, don't make much road noise, and tow great!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have GY duratracs and I tow a 30ft trailer every day. Im up to 32k on em and I know they will go over 40k. I love the snow and mud traction and also barely no noise. I cant say anything bad about the bfgs either. I am a wholesaler for a goodyear store and we sell a ton of duratracs and have alot of praise for them. I wasnt really a gy fan until this tire.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help!! Even thou a totally put this thread in the wrong place!!!! Whoops!! LOL

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
My last set with TA/KO's and I was happy with them, But Tires in my preffered size are all around the same price in AT's. MT's are out of the question.
The KO's did slip alot on grass or gravel, I often had to go to 4X just for traction to move one of my trailers off pavement.

I needed a good Highway tire with all weather handling and I needed some off road potential in the tires. 95% of my time is with a trailer of somesort hooked on.
I went for the Duratrac's last week and since have put 3000miles on them towing in all sorts of weather and terrains, All I can say is WOW. and not once did I need to go into 4X, I am very inpressed with this tire. Cant estimate the wear yet, but I am happy with the tires.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am towing for the first time with my Duratracs and I'm all over the road. 65 up front and 80 in the rear. All 4 trailer tires are 45, Reese dual cam sway control. Trailer pulled great with old Nitto crap tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts