Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks,

I rebuilt my engine and redid just about everything within the engine including the injector cups. I was going to wait and replace the injector cups while the heads where on the block. However due to impatience I decided to replace or at least pull the injector cups while the heads where on the bench. Needlessly to say after seeing what came out of the heads I'm extremely thankful none of the stuff in the pictures below fell in my new rebuilt block. Due to the tool shape I wasn't able to put the injector cups back in while the heads while they where on the bench but I at least got the cups removed before the heads where back on the block. So for those folks that are looking at replacing there injector cups be aware of what comes out of the heads when the cups are removed.

Attachments

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
That little bit of brass would have fallen into the cylinder gone out the exhaust and not caused one bit of damage.

Some people over react.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My thoughts exactly, I don't see anything that will harm an engine there....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are some that would argue the fact about the motor getting hurt or not. All I know if some metal shavings got stuck between the piston and the side wall of the cylinder it wouldn't help the life of the engine. But either way, possible harm to the motor or not, I only posted this so others would be aware of what they are dealing with when they go to replace the injector cups. I didn't know about the penny trick until I posted this so as long as others learn from this post and can prevent possible harm to there engine; I have accomplished what I wanted to do.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
well what do you think is gonna happen when you screw a large tap in a brass injector cup? its gonna create shavings and gravity says they will fall toward earth

·
Resident Curmudgeon
459 Posts
I am a machinist, If i don't want the shavings to fall in the hole I cover the tap in grease.

The grease will catch ALL the shavings, and lubricate the cutting action.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stuff a cotton ball in there before you tap it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.