Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All about my '99 Ford F350 SD . . . Jax' 1999 F350 7.3L Truck rebuild . . . .

The backup lights are not very bright in the truck, and a friend with a way newer truck than mine was raving about the DieselLeds.com backup lights he got. So, I figured I would try them.

I carefully selected the lights for the 1999 F350:

But the lights I got did NOT waterproof the F350 lights like the original! The light socket did not SEAL the backup light hole, and the plug which went into the backuplight socket had NO seal / waterproofing at all! Notice all the light coming in from the backup light lens (which will allow the fine dust from the dirt roads to fill the lens)!

Basically, all the backup lights have the same picture. Do not waste your money on these.

I have contacted DieselLEDs.com and hope like hell they sent the wrong ones, and will come back with the result.

·
PSN intsigator
7,161 Posts
Hope it works out for you

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They seem to be a scam. All the pictures look the same.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have not answered my email.

·
PSN intsigator
7,161 Posts
Well that sucks

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I'm surprised that they haven't responded to this thread, they have to be watching.

I have looked at their site but for us that have a OBS truck there is nothing on it. Even their drop down years don't even go back far enough.

If you ask me they are missing a lot of customers not offering something, but if they are substandard then it might be good that they aren't.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Received a reply yesterday and am sending them back today.

I will let you know if it is a full refund or not.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two days ago, I received a full refund.

Consider - I ordered these lights at a price way too high. They ship me these cheap LEDs.

They do not work - not suitable. I believe they knew this. They accept them back, and take their sweet time in acknowledging them and refunding.

Again, completely guessing. . . . They buy the parts for a buck each - $2 for the pair. Add $5 shipping. Then charge "ON SALE" $49.

They hold their $42 profit for two weeks. They get interest on those funds.

Pure scam. If the buyer keeps the parts, huge profit. In my opinion.

·
Administrator
9,026 Posts
Glad to hear you got a full refund.
I went through something very similar. Orderednight sights for my smith m&p shield 9MM. For $149.
They sent the wrong ones.

Two weeks of back and forth I finally got full refund. And they said keep the wrong ones.
I finally found the proper sights on Amazon of all places, for $79.
Now if they did not want the $149 sights back. What do you figure they're paid for them that it was not worth paying the $5 shipping to get them back?

Reactions: BBslider001 and Jax
1 - 10 of 10 Posts