Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 f250 8in lift on 39's. i have a 4in turbo back exhaust and a 6 position chip. i would say i get about 11-13 on the highway. not really sure how much

what can i do to get better mpg?
or what do i need to get?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Smaller tires and lower lift.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Smaller lift, smaller tires, re-gear the axles...

Thats about it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
tires & lift

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
What gears are you running?
How many miles on the injectors and I assume they are stock split shots?

You should be running 4.56

You need to take off as slowly as possible from stops as that is when those big meat really drink fuel comparatively.

Think about having the injectors rebuilt or swapping in some built single shots

But the very first thing you need to do is get a accurate average MPG numbers for your truck over a month more or less depending how much you drive it. When you are looking at 1 mpg increase its hard to tell how much something has helped if you do not have an accurate starting point.

I am assuming you were not looking for the obvious answers like drop the lift and put on smaller tires.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
And if you are gonna keep those big meats and lift I'd suggest the same, slow starts and keeping it under 2000 RPMs, these trucks guzzle fuel after those RPM's, with my 373's that is.

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
Is the 11-13 mpg hand calculated? Imo that's not to bad with the setup you are running. I'm running 35s and average 16-18 mixed city and highway driving. I would probably look into regearing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
4.56 or 4.88 would be your best bet

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have 2000 f-350 with 4:10 gears i put a 6in lift and 37's and went from 13 with 33's to 17 with 37's now added stage one with two nozzels ( ryans cass's) and am getting 19 also have a ts chip ehaust and intake

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good god lol. alright well i have the chip and exhaust. whats a stage one with 2 nozzels?

i think im actuall getting about 11 at the best, if i could get 15 i would be more than happy

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
i have 2000 f-350 with 4:10 gears i put a 6in lift and 37's and went from 13 with 33's to 17 with 37's now added stage one with two nozzels ( ryans cass's) and am getting 19 also have a ts chip ehaust and intake
WTF did you just say?

good god lol. alright well i have the chip and exhaust. whats a stage one with 2 nozzels?

i think im actuall getting about 11 at the best, if i could get 15 i would be more than happy
Injectors will NOT give you better MPG.

Intake will NOT give you better MPG.

·
Registered
161 Posts
you could try gettin ur ts chip re burnt. i did and my mpgs went up a little more wen i left it on economy and didnt drive with the pedal to the floor

·
Cantankerous Old Redneck
627 Posts
there's a reason the Nascar boys run a splitter and drop the car right down on the ground......
with those big tires, & that high lift, you're trying to push a SAIL down the road, and a heavy sail at that, probably 7500 lbs....get rid of the tires, and the lift blocks, and you'll be a lot happier with it....and you'll be able to get in and out of it too....

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
stage 1 and 2 fuel injectors are a modified version to flow more fuel.
and can be single or split shot...meaning one squirt per bang or a couple .
they do multi shot more for a cleaner burn..think epa.

they you have stage 3 or hybird injectors and bcodes..basically a bcode is a large injector..ie big truck renozzled to run in our engine. whith a hybird being a blen of the two......least that is an overly simple just so you can get an idea answer.

ia am thinkin 19 mpg on 37 or 39 is prettymuch got to be tuned and setup 100% perfect to be accurately hand calculated and corrected for tire size diff.
not impossible but extremly hard....i used to be all proud of my 18-20 mpg....till i got a gps and data logged actual full tank to full tank....14-16 was reality. btw my overhead lie-o-meter says 22 maybe totally off but will sho w you wahat is improving.

you can eak a few by running correct tire pressure, better habbits tring to cruise with no turbo boost, adding some walmart ashless two stroke oil seemed to help me some..8-12 oz maybe.
put a tonneu cover on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts