Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doctor has been trying to diagnose some strange things going on with me lately, and recently put me on beta blockers. I haven't been on them for very long, but I'm already feeling a ton better.

I had an episode last September when I passed clean out and got a concussion from the fall. Since that time, I have experienced some tremors in my hands that at times could be quite severe (to the point that I couldn't hold anything in my hand).

Been to a few doctors now, and they started me on beta blockers (propranolol) as a preliminary treatment. My primary symptoms have been diagnosed as ET (essential tremors), which is a tremor local to the upper extremities (hands and arms). The secondary symptoms are that I may have a very mild cardiac arrhythmia, which I'm currently being scheduled for additional test (heart sonogram, etc). The sucky part is the cardiac arrhythmia may be thyroid related, which runs in my family (thanks mom, sister, aunts and uncles, and grandparents).

Anyway, the beta blockers have completely stopped the tremors. Also I'm not feeling the palpitations like I have before (usually occurred several times a day, so far... nothing).

Talked to my dad the other day, he said that I got all the health problems from my mom's side of the family, and all the cancer from his side of the family. Then he laughed and said I was screwed. Thanks Dad! :doh:

Anyway, I'm only 32 years old, had a major back injury in 2004, have had asthma all my life, and now I'm on medication for old people. Please tell me there is someone out there more f'ed up than me. :poke:

I stuck this in smack talk, because if I'm on old people's meds, then I'm going to act like a senile old man and pretend that this is the right place to vent this type of subject. Enjoy, (in the words of David) you cochschuckersh.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I on a beta blocker for high blood pressure..... it sucks but a part of being older and a little overwieght I guess.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
I on a beta blocker for high blood pressure..... it sucks but a part of being older and a little overwieght I guess.
Same here

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
My wife just started on beta blockers for a heart condition she has (Mitral valve prolapse) and they have helped her alot, she said she feels a ton better.

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess if the medicine works, then I'm all for it.

I just have to adjust to the idea of taking pills every day for the rest of my life. Kinda sucks, especially since the vast majority of my life has been dedicated to athletics, being in shape, staying healthy, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts