Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have found a couple trucks im looking for so what is the better years to look for in a 6.0 cant afford a 6.4 or 6.7 the ones i am intersted in have about a 100,000 to 130,000 miles. oh it would be from a 04 to 07 years thanks

·
Longrod von Hugendong
108 Posts
I have personally owned both an 06 and 04 6.0 PSD's and have not had any engine probs with either. Following service intervals to the letter is the key.

I

·
0 Posts
I have personally owned both an 06 and 04 6.0 PSD's and have not had any engine probs with either. Following service intervals to the letter is the key.
:whs: 03 and 05 here and nothing different. Following service intervals to the letter is the key to keeping a 6.0 happy..

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
No problems with my 2007 F-250 either. I change the oil y fuel filters every 200 hours as recommended in the manual.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what oil do yall, run in them, what filters do you run also. The factory ones or another brand.

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
what oil do yall, run in them, what filters do you run also. The factory ones or another brand.
In my case I use MOTORCRAFT 15w40 or CASTROL TECTION EXTRA 15W40 and original ford fuel & oil filters bands, I hope this help you.

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
LOL! can't edit.
I mean BRAND.

·
Longrod von Hugendong
108 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
THEY and I quote THEY say the 05-07's are a lil better with the kinks worked out but as facts will state they are hit or miss....Mine is an 06 with bout 88k on her and she still churping....Follow service intervals and you'll do fine. Just be sure to run an OASIS report on all candidates...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is that like a car fax, if not whats an oasis report and how do i get one

·
Registered
878 Posts
It's a very good way to tell how your future 6.0 has done through it's years. It's a full list of any and all warranty claims/work performed on your FORD....Get vin to a dealer and he can give ya what ya need.....Carfax is good as far as any major type accidents in which non dealer repair would be performed provided the owner claimed it on his/her insurance....Both would be great places to start...Happy hunting brother you'll love your new to you rig after these precautions are met...

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
I wish I would have known about the oasis report before I got mine. Can I still get one some how??

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
am glad you told me about the oasis report i drove an 04 the other day and it was a bad turd. i knew something was wrong with it

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so i am still trying to sell mine, hopefully this guy will be able to get the money when he gets back to the states.
I lost out on a couple of deal of 2008 trucks, mostly i will be owning a 06 to 07.
So i got more quesitons 1st i cant decide which programmer to use the spartan or sct, i will be towing a tractor so i need to keep this in mind some.
2nd. As far as the delets go. Whos got them how hard are the to put on and the deal with the oil cooler, My wife said i get this one and she gets the next car, so i need to make it last. Thanks

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Ok so i am still trying to sell mine, hopefully this guy will be able to get the money when he gets back to the states.
I lost out on a couple of deal of 2008 trucks, mostly i will be owning a 06 to 07.
So i got more quesitons 1st i cant decide which programmer to use the spartan or sct, i will be towing a tractor so i need to keep this in mind some.
2nd. As far as the delets go. Whos got them how hard are the to put on and the deal with the oil cooler, My wife said i get this one and she gets the next car, so i need to make it last. Thanks
Better plan on studding your heads if your going to run a tuner. I have heard of to many failures of blown heads that weren't studded and tuned. I'm sure their will be one or two guys that chirp in on they are running a tunner on stock head bolts, but I personally wouldn't run the risk. The odds are not in your favor.

·
Registered
706 Posts
So the other question is if you do get an Oasis report which is better, having a truck that has had almost not problems or a truck that has had just about everything replaced, the other reason i ask is because the only thing that has ever been replaced under warranty on my truck was my fuel pump at 74k miles, nothing major since then and at this time my truck is just about bone stock with 142k on the clock and i am still pulling 23mpg out of it. And this is not calculated using the onboard computer but rather pencil and paper.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i knew about the head gasket problems was thinking head studs for that. What i came up with so far, is s-b intake, sct, gut the factory exhaust for now, egr delets, airdog fuel system. With some sence the tranny should live pulling a traielr with it on tow setting or off one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts