Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did some mods to my truck in my sig. For the most part i'm pretty satisfied with everything. Now that i've been driving it for awhile and getting used to the way it drives and handles I'd like to make a few changes.... I think. For starters I'd like to be able to get my egs's under control a little better. I can hit 1400 ( or higher if I stayed in the throttle) pretty easy at wot. Whats the best way to cool the truck down? Water injection,bigger turbo, bigger intercooler? Also, I would like to know what everyone else thinks of their H2E. I personally think it's a little doggy on the bottom end and it doest clean up my smoke real well. Would modding it help or should I mabey consider getting a different turbo? I'd like to go to a couple local truck pulls this summer and a mud run and I would like to make sure I'm utalizing all my hp. Thanks for any input.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I recently did some mods to my truck in my sig. For the most part i'm pretty satisfied with everything. Now that i've been driving it for awhile and getting used to the way it drives and handles I'd like to make a few changes.... I think. For starters I'd like to be able to get my egs's under control a little better. I can hit 1400 ( or higher if I stayed in the throttle) pretty easy at wot. Whats the best way to cool the truck down? Water injection,bigger turbo, bigger intercooler? Also, I would like to know what everyone else thinks of their H2E. I personally think it's a little doggy on the bottom end and it doest clean up my smoke real well. Would modding it help or should I mabey consider getting a different turbo? I'd like to go to a couple local truck pulls this summer and a mud run and I would like to make sure I'm utalizing all my hp. Thanks for any input.
Get Tony to back the fuel down alittle.

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get Tony to back the fuel down alittle.
I'd rather leave the fuel where it's at and work at cooling it down another way. If I start turning my fuel down I'm also turning my power down which is kinda the opposite of what i'm trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Bigger turbo.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
That is true.

Talking about the top end (where power is made).

WOT and higher rpm (+2500) the turbo should be able to supply enough cool charge air to clean up 238's with less backpressure/heat.

Tune out the low rpm fueling for the bigger lung and let it eat on top. ;)

BIGGER TURBO. OK I am finished here!

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is true.

Talking about the top end (where power is made).

WOT and higher rpm (+2500) the turbo should be able to supply enough cool charge air to clean up 238's with less backpressure/heat.

Tune out the low rpm fueling for the bigger lung and let it eat on top. ;)

BIGGER TURBO. OK I am finished here!
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
GT4294 or equiv.

I am running a hybrid GT4594.......perfect match for 238's IMO.

It has the GT45 turbine/wheel and a smaller compressor/wheel. It is basically a GT40/45, 40 on the compressor and 45 on the turbine. No backpressure issues, and good low end spooling/response. I could not be happier.

·
1999 crewcab duelly 4x4,
66 Posts
when you say 40 and 45, what mm does that mean? and what hp are you making with 238's/gt4594 setup?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
when you say 40 and 45, what mm does that mean? and what hp are you making with 238's/gt4594 setup?
68mm inducer 94mm exducer for the comp wheel.

88mm inducer 82mm exducer for the turbine.

GT45 shaft size.

A GT45r has an inducer of 80mm exducer of 108mm and the same turbine wheel/housing as mine. A GT4094 has the same compressor housing/wheel (68mm inducer 94mm exducer) but the turbine/wheel is smaller. It is a hybrid designed to run for the Volvo 12.1L engine.

Edit: I made over 500 with a Chinese hybrid GT45. It was real close to a GT4294 by the specs, but not a real Garrett. I will be dynoing the real Garrett this spring when Unlimited gets something together, or at TS maybe.

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what kind of EGT'S are you seeing with that turbo ?

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How many cfm's does the gt42 flow? is it more than the h2e

1 - 13 of 13 Posts