Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 08 6.4 CCLB Lariat F450 from FMC and its tore down on one side(right side head off). No history on it except that it came from down south, you buy as is, no questions... by the looks of the spray pattern on the pistons and headgasket (blown in several spots) it appears that the guy may have been running a tuner and warranty was denied... So my question is, what would be the best way to build? I was thinking head studs, egr delete, not sure whats out there for this, full delete or block offs, dpf delete, tuner to take care of computer, probably a tow tune for a little extra but this truck will be worked and then worked some more. For those of you that have more experience with the 6.4 whats the best route to take? Any trans mods to make while in there? I don't know the miles on the truck yet, everything is unhooked still, but still has original tires on it and you couldn't ask for a better interior. Drivers seat is in excellent shape still...I'm gonna say it under a 100k, looks about maybe 50k if that.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I would recommend doing head studs (ARP or Elite H-11's) and a full EGR delete from either Elite or Dirty Diesel Customs. From there it depends on what you want to get out of it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not looking for a dyno queen just wanting to build it right since its down. I actually have a guy interested in the truck when its done. He has a construction company and want to upgrade from his KR 6.0 to this 6.4, but he works his trucks to the limit. He knows Fords are the only ones that can take it (he loves his 6.0) and now wants to try a 6.4. Its just needs to be built to work...thanks for the help:ford:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
if you are building it to WORK......studs,tow tune, intake, egr delete w/wastegate, dpf delete, intercooler, and full suncoast tranny.

·
Registered
113 Posts
if you are building it to WORK......studs,tow tune, intake, egr delete w/wastegate, dpf delete, intercooler, and full suncoast tranny.
I agree, but not to sure you'll need the wastegate, I'd look at Dirty Diesels delete kit.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
I think with a two tune though the back pressure shouldnt be too out of control. I would def do studs, a full egr delete and it will probably be a pretty tough truck, you always gotta wonder about the other stuff like injectors, and fuel pump since it been apart for so long, but for the right price it would be worth it, i actually wanna find a rig like that for either a tow rig or a race rig.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys guys, its been a while since I've been able to get on here. It sounds like the 6.4 benefits from the same mods as a 6.0 to a certain extent. It has 4.30 gears in it. is the backpressure on these things due to restrictive turbos or is it because of vgt design? Thanks for all the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts