Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering the hydra later. Was curious who offered the best tunes for economy and daily driving

I know my truck with everything I've got and driving will be totally different than others. Just wanted to see what kind of mileage people were getting and from who.

Tony, gearhead, beans, etc....

Truck is a 99 f250 cc 4x4 auto

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there's some of you guys running these tunes. Looking for solid shifting and just all around no issues economy and daily. If it actually helps with mileage great

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm confused about this hydra chip. You can get any tuning from anyone like beans gear head and so on? Like the tunes they offer for ts or did they make there own separate tunes for the hydra?

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
All good tuners ( all you meantioned) along with a light foot makes good mpgs. A heavy foot and you wont see much difference in mpg savings. Alot has to do with driving habits and style.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I was saying about will be different from others trucks and driving. Only time I have my foot in it is passing even then it's moderate nothing heavy
For daily and economy tunes wasn't sure if any of the guys tunings were better than the others

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Everyone will have the tuner they like, there isn't any independent controlled tests of tunes or chips. So pick one and give it a try.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I sure like my PHP tunes. Compared to stock, the shifting is the biggest improvement. Sure, there's more power but daily driving I don't need all the power but I love the quick shifts that seem to happen at the logical times when I would make the shift if I had a manual.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We had Bill install the hydra chip plus a water/ methanol kit. Great power increase plus definately increased my fuel mileage and lowered my egts while towing. I hand calculate every tank, never rely on lie o meter. Gained 2.5 mpg while towing my flat bed trailer empty. [only way to compare apples to apples]. Lowering egts helps with fuel mileage. Going to 3.55 gears next from 3.73s.:psn:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My PHP 80 DD tune gets about .5mpg better than my DP 80e. That was calculated over many interstate trips over the same stretch of road.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ran a 1200 mile hotshot yesterday without our trailer, and with Bill's hydra chip set on 140hp race tune our egts never saw 1000*. Hand calculated we averaged 23.1 mpg for entire trip. We did use 2 oz. of diesel kleen per 3 gallons as a test and truck ran cleaner with less smoke. Very impressed with php.:psn:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts