Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was considering getting one after I got my 99 7.3 block back. WOW! I noticed one guy mention Swamps on his early model 99. I may have to give Swamps a call. I haul 12-15,000#'s, so I need a real good tune to help tow and fuel economy. I only have a Banks power elbow and and 4"exhaust with a K&N filter. I'm looking for something to accommodate my specs

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I was considering getting one after I got my 99 7.3 block back. WOW! I noticed one guy mention Swamps on his early model 99. I may have to give Swamps a call. I haul 12-15,000#'s, so I need a real good tune to help tow and fuel economy. I only have a Banks power elbow and and 4"exhaust with a K&N filter. I'm looking for something to accommodate my specs
Matt @ Gearhead has some really good towing tunes with low EGT's with no smoke and lots of power.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
matt your economy tune does good in my dads towing 12k lbs.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I ran a Superchips tuner first, then DP and now PHP. All the pinging rattle is now gone..........
It's a good feeling isn't it! :eek:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Matt is a great guy I just got my chip from him a couple days ago and the shifting is the ####. compared to DP. Cant wait to get the stage 1's to see what it will really do.

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
just call the different vendors on the site that tune the 7.3... Swamps, DI, DP, Gearhead, Tony Wildman... talk to them trust your own judgement on what you want.. anyway can say the best is this, the best is that... but only you can decide what you want..

personally i run Swamps tunes.. they do all the work to my race truck, and i'm running their parts in my 450 as well.... and i believe without a doubt that their tuning has kept my race truck alive for the past 3 years at over 550hp and close to or over 500 passes down the drag strip..

41 - 55 of 55 Posts