Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
You have 32 posts....have you NOT heard of DP Tuner on this site?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Not one of the suggested tuners so far would I call "the best" lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I just looked at the bully dog web site. Will it take Trans. temp from the stock gauge (2003 F-250 7.3l) or will I have to install a sensor somewhere?

Also, is this the better tune for fuel econ at lighter loads??

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Here we go again.

Its not a stab, but this is the most common question on the forum. Just do a search and you will find tons of Threads, which lead into pissing matches, and so on. Search for it and you will have hours of reading debating the good chips. Ill keep it simple. Get a custom tuned flip chip and you will be very happy. There are many vendors that all do great work.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Stay away from edge..bullydog...hypertech..any off the shelf tuner/chip..get a custom burnt chip or tuner depending on what your truck is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have 32 posts....have you NOT heard of DP Tuner on this site?
Yes I have not only heard of DP tuners but I have one on my 97...however I was looking for some input on various tuners. Thought I was clear but i guess for you it was an ambiguous question.....sorry

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stay away from edge..bullydog...hypertech..any off the shelf tuner/chip..get a custom burnt chip or tuner depending on what your truck is.
Tell me about this. Is it one of the better mods for mpg or speed? I dont know much about this stuff. I was thinking about getting another off the shelf tuner. I have an 03 F-250 7.3 with 49,000 miles

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
So, what makes you think I am a sucker? You a$$. I will do my research and buy what I think is best. Why do you think I am asking?
what there ll trying to say is use the "Search" button. there is plenty of info on there. instead of starting a new thread use the "serach" button. :poke:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what there ll trying to say is use the "Search" button. there is plenty of info on there. instead of starting a new thread use the "serach" button. :poke:
Just thought I would start one (thread) that was specific because all that come up with in a search don't detail the differences between the tuners.

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
Just thought I would start one (therad) that was specific because all that come up with in a search don't detail the differences between the tuners.
ok i understand that, but custom tuning will save ur clutch/tranny and get a lot more power, and better shift points. soi went with a TS 6 position. and its really cool. i like it. but a bullydog, edge, ECT... they will not give u as much power and will destroy tranny. they are just pre loaded tunes and arent worth a dam.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Off the shelves suck..the advantage to a custom tuned chip is that its tuned for your truck and your truck only..and to mods you already have on it. I have a 7.3 as well and i love it. And if your new to diesels..then your in the right place. If you dont have an intake or bigger exhaust..and most importantly a set of gauges..I would get these first. EGTs is what hurts your motor if not watched..specially if your running a chip. As far as a chip..there are plenty of sponsors on here that do customed tuned chips..like dptuner..tony wildman..beansdiesel..there are a few more just cant remember off the top of my head..think bullydog eats ur trans up..and edge and hypertech just flat out suck. The advantage of a adjustable 6 pos chip vs a tuner is that you can change settings on the fly vs having plug th programmer in and change it and wait about 10 minutes. Also another advantage is if your planning on running some aftermarket injectors later..these can be tuned to the specifications of your chip. Some good sites you could check out are itpdiesel.com...beansdieselperformance.com..dieselmanor.com..totaldieselperformance.com. The better your engine breathes..the better it will run and operate..The intake helps it breathe better and getting more filtered clean air to your turbo..which makes it respond better..then which goes out your exhaust..the bigger exhaust..the better the cool air gets out of the engine..4 inch is plenty...5 is for show or if you got a lot of mods n power. As for the chip..it can increase your mpgs..make it run better...give you more power and torque. There is a big difference between a truck with off the shelf tunes and a truck with a custom tuned chip..most guys can tune the power levels to your likeings...hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts