Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
discuss to me what is the best tuner (sct, dp, spartan) and chip they make for this particular engine? just curious. dads got the edge juice with attitude chip and its ok. just wanted to get him a cool xmas present that maybe he would actually like. any ideas?

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
My advise is to call some sponsors and see what they can offer you and choose one from there. You will get nothing but arguing if you ask in a thread like this. On that note I have a chip from Truck Source Diesel and could not be happier.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
There are lots of great custom tuners on here. 99% of them use the TS Style 6-position chip and put there custom tunes on it.

Here is a list of them. I really like Matt out of the few I have tried but they are all great.

Matt @ Gearhead Automotive
Bill @ PHP
David @ DI
Johnathan @ Swamps
Aggie @ TSD
Tony @ TDP
Johnathan @ Beans

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
My advise is to call some sponsors and see what they can offer you and choose one from there. You will get nothing but arguing if you ask in a thread like this. On that note I have a chip from Truck Source Diesel and could not be happier.
Very good advise Steve.:D

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
discuss to me what is the best tuner (sct, dp, spartan) and chip they make for this particular engine? just curious. dads got the edge juice with attitude chip and its ok. just wanted to get him a cool xmas present that maybe he would actually like. any ideas?
I'm not trying to pick nits or try to sound like a jerk, but only one company/product you mentioned actually sells "chips".

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I'm not trying to pick nits or try to sound like a jerk, but only one company/product you mentioned actually sells "chips".
pretty sure you are wrong on that one
all of them burn chips, and pretty sure most of them sell chips as well.
now the chip might say ts on it but will have their tunes. but I know TW has his own labeled ts chip, and a fewothers do as well.

a custum loaded sct tuner will work well but no shift on the fly tunes like a chip.
but it is easy to load the tunes with.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've only had experience with Jody @ DP Tuner, and I love what he's done for my truck. I have also heard great things about Bill and Tony too. I guess its personal preference, and for some of these guys on here, trying different products.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
now the chip might say ts on it but will have their tunes. but I know TW has his own labeled ts chip, and a fewothers do as well.

a custum loaded sct tuner will work well but no shift on the fly tunes like a chip.
:whs:

SCT= Eliminator chip
DP-F5 & F6
Spartan- not sure who they use, but I have read posts that they do burn chips.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts

that sct is still not a chip and same with the spartin, they are programmers not chips

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
I think this is somewhat confused and being one in the same product, but its not. But SCT does sells chips and they have for many years. Cale at BTS, last a have heard, sells the SCT Eliminator chip, also.
i stand corrected..... just never heard of the sct chip.

thanks

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Well then, I also stand corrected. I have never seen a chip carrying tunes from any of those other companies.

I was right with the Edge Juice/Attitude bit though....it is NOT a flippin' "chip".

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
the edge juice is a modual (sp?) just like the banks six gun.... no matter what go with a custom tuned chip over anything else.. also dont forget to have you supporting mods too

-Raul

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well then, I also stand corrected. I have never seen a chip carrying tunes from any of those other companies.

I was right with the Edge Juice/Attitude bit though....it is NOT a flippin' "chip".
lol dude ur confusing. are you saying that the edge chip in my dads truck isnt a chip? it is because it had its owns custom tunes for his diesel. unless you can explain to me if im wrong?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well basically i was on youtube last night and watched this video. and since xmas is right here i was thinking about getting my dad some of the products that were on this guys list

1 - 20 of 48 Posts