Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered what you mileage gurus are recommending for tires?

Got BFG ATs (previous owner stated getting 15-17mpg with them) that are at the end of their usable life and need to find tires conducive to mileage that still have some off pavement capabilities. I drive a lot of dirt roads in VT and while All/mud-Terrain are overkill, a basic street tire is not the answer either. Looking for something middle of the road with good wear life and low rolling resistance.

Most likely going to run a studded snow in winter, so these would just be for 3 season use. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
1,097 Posts
A study a few years back showed that the BFG Long Trail was the best 16 inch tire for MPG.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I've had good luck with my bridgestone dueler revo A/T's. I got oversize tires, so they did end up dropping my mileage a little, but they've got ~20K miles on them with plenty of tread left, and handle great in all conditions. If you got these in a size close to OEM, I think they would fair well for mileage.
but if you're looking for a three season... look for something with a stiffer sidewall and less frontal area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts