Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some new tires and I want 33 12.50 20
but I don't know what kind I have toyo mt right now in a 35 but they rub and are wore out but I got a new job and I will be on the hwy alot so I need a good tires for snow and mud and hwy I love how mt look but I don't think they will last any input is helping

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Goodyear Dura tracs are pretty good. I love mine for snow and mud!! They look good to.

·
stock
107 Posts
the mudd grapplers suck all around not impressed at all but i gues thats what i get for buying "mudd" tires for snow ans street use

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about teara grappers from nitto

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am on the hwy a lot myself and have found the terra grappler to be the best bang for the buck so far.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I am on the hwy a lot myself and have found the terra grappler to be the best bang for the buck so far.
I found they are good on the hwy to but suck in the snow and mud. Up here in Canada anyways i have found. I love my Dura Trac's i would buy another set in a heart beat!!!!! Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys still don't know what to buy I told my self I would never run goodyears or firestones

·
Registered
205 Posts
cooper zeons I run 33x12.5x20 they perform in mud good, I also drive 99% on road they are wearing great and look awesome too. They also have a lot of siping for snow/ice

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found they are good on the hwy to but suck in the snow and mud. Up here in Canada anyways i have found. I love my Dura Trac's i would buy another set in a heart beat!!!!! Just my 2 cents
What do you have for mileage on the Duratracs , i have them too but seem to be wearing sooner than I expected. 20k now and about 1/2 worn. I was hoping for 50 k . I do like them tho , not too noisey and great in snow and good in mud. Jim

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
What do you have for mileage on the Duratracs , i have them too but seem to be wearing sooner than I expected. 20k now and about 1/2 worn. I was hoping for 50 k . I do like them tho , not too noisey and great in snow and good in mud. Jim
I only run them in the winter i have them studded. I have had them 2 seasons now look like new but like i said only used in winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont know if you have lost faith with Toyo now, but I bought a set of Open Country A/T's and absolutley love them! there not as gnarly as the Mud Terrains but they are fantastic in the snow. I have had them on two of my plow trucks with no complaints. They are about half tread now and have about 39,000 miles on them. They are quiet and ride nice and I would def buy them again. great for a plow truck. but thats a 265 so idk...

·
Registered
255 Posts
I dont know if you have lost faith with Toyo now, but I bought a set of Open Country A/T's and absolutley love them! there not as gnarly as the Mud Terrains but they are fantastic in the snow. I have had them on two of my plow trucks with no complaints. They are about half tread now and have about 39,000 miles on them. They are quiet and ride nice and I would def buy them again. great for a plow truck. but thats a 265 so idk...
My last tires were 305/55/20 Toyota A/T's. They were the greatest tire I have ever owned. Good in all conditions. I average 35k miles a years 80/20 Highway/city. And have my 9k lb job trailer on probably 75% of the time.
They had 82k miles when I changed them out and they were just starting to wear funky and down to the wear bars. Could've ran them longer but wanted something more aggressive this time, so now I am running the Nitto Trail's.

The Nittos have been great so far, but only have about 3500 miles on them so its still early to give a real review.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Thanks guys still don't know what to buy I told my self I would never run goodyears or firestones
Any specific reason why? Goodyear and Cooper are the only tires left that are made in America.

Buy Cooper or Goodyear or go home and I hope you never complain about the economy and having no jobs... That's what I always tell people.

I just bought a pair of AT/3's 285/75/16 and they're incredible. Perfect all around tire. Not rated for snow and ice. Rated for an all terrain on road and if needed, minor off road.

Do it right the first time is what I always say. 55k warranty too.

Nitto & Toyo (Japanese), Bridgestone (Japanese), Continental (German), Pirelli (Italian), Michelin & BFGoodrich (French) Falken (Japanese), Yokohama (Japanese), Hankook (Korean), Kumho (Korean).

This is just information I've gathered along the way. Before I buy tires I take some time to consider where they came from. Made in America means a lot to me as it should with many of us (with the exception of our Canadian members eh!) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts