Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations on the best switching valve. I already have a complete fuel system on my OBS that I am transferring to a Superduty. What I need is a selector valve to switch between the factory diesel tank and the in bed alternate fuel tank. Would like something highflowing/low restriction...

Sam

·
Powered by Veetable oil!
66 Posts
Are you using the stock fuel pump and filter?

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I bought a fuel system from Vegistroke (now DFA) for my OBS to convert to electric fuel. I have made several modifications/additions over the past couple of years. I am now taking that and moving to a Superduty.

Setup will be:

90 gallon tank/toolbox in bed with a hot fox for the fuel pick up. A sump in the stock tank. Dual heated dahl 100's with 2 micron fuel/water filter. Fuelab pump. Spin on 2 micron high efficiency filter. The fuel then goes through another inline arctic fox heater and then up to the engine.

Basically needing a selector valve like an OBS has but higher flowing. I need to call DFA and see what Jason recommends, but am looking for suggestions.

Sam

·
vegistrokin
37 Posts
A hydroforce valve will serve u well. 90 bucks from DFA.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That hydraforce is 3 port. So 2 in 1 out? What would you do with the return line?

Sam

·
vegistrokin
37 Posts
use 2 valves, one for supply and one for return. Supply inlets too each tank, return is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts