Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock truck, chip only, need a reason to get a different clutch besides stock from Ford. Suggestions??? Something I can order Monday and have within a few days.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price isn't key, just wondering if there is a reason to go to something besides stock. It held up 176k miles in this truck.

·
< wish it was mine
955 Posts
SBC has a nice soft pedal which is a nice feature after the stocker.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not really sure, don't deal with a lot of clutches, especially guys who plan to keep it stock.

I was just going to order one from Ford tomorrow but was wondering if there was something aftermarket better......

·
really?!?
129 Posts
There is only a couple of clutch lining manufacture companies in the US. Valeo makes stock Ford linings (organic). Oh, and a lot of aftermarket ones...
Finding the pressure plate assembly that is accurately rated is important, as well.
If price is not a concern, any salesman can make you feel good.:shrug:

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
There is only a couple of clutch lining manufacture companies in the US. Valeo makes stock Ford linings (organic). Oh, and a lot of aftermarket ones...
Finding the pressure plate assembly that is accurately rated is important, as well.
If price is not a concern, any salesman can make you feel good.:shrug:
:whs: On the Valeo stock Ford linings. I still have a few Ford clutch plates with broken spring housings that have Valeo stamped on the surface along with a Ford logo and part #.

·
Registered
7 Posts
South Bend seems pretty good. Ran them behind Dmax and my old Cummins. Nice pedal feel and hold tight,

·
Registered
125 Posts
i just put a SBC single disk in my truck. It's much louder than stock (that gear rollover noise at low RPM), and will be chattery until broken in. I've got about 600 miles on it now and it's smooth as butter, and is still holding my 100 tune which is what killed the last clutch. Highly recommended. Great people to deal with and you can't buy a better clutch.

I didn't get the light pedal, I got the optional heavier pedal because i liked the way mine felt stock. SBC heavier pedal is just like stock btw. Otherwise you need to remove the clutch pedal helper spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts