Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 e350 with a 7.3. what is the best scan tool with and without using a laptop? not looking to break the bank, but okay if it's worth it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend. You really need a bi-directional tool unless you just need to pull codes. Launch makes the x431 ,it's 800 bucks well worth the money. Stay away from AE and read the reviews my best suggestion.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Google super duty diagnostics on the cheap. That will get you started on your research of a product called Forescan. It's free, and works fine.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,676 Posts
torque pro app is also good for reading codes, and monitoring operating conditions.
cost is $4.95. then you need some type of obd adapter. they range from around $25 to $100
i actually have two adaptors, this obd link mx bluetooth adaptor i use with the tablet:Amazon.com: OBDLink 426101 ScanTool MX Bluetooth: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows and Android – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics: Automotive,
and this hardwired one for use with forscan on the laptop:
Amazon.com: OHP ELMconfig OBD2 USB Scanner for Ford Cars & Light Trucks, FORScan Adapter with MS-CAN / HS-CAN Toggle Switch to Read/Erase Fault Codes & Access Hidden Engine Modules, Windows Only: Automotive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts