Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into buying a roof basket after installing my turbo back duals my spare tire no longer fits under my truck. Looking for a basket for my extended cab with aftermarket off-road lights. Something to put my tire in and carry camping equipment for the summer. Looking for some insight

·
Guilty on all counts
339 Posts
I'm interested in the same thing. I've seen a few good looking baskets, but they all require putting holes in my roof. I'm not crazy about that, which is why I haven't pursued it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
You may have to buy a rack them make it a gutter mount to like CSP said, get Yakima or Thule rack rails and mount the rack to that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Defender racks from 4wheel parts are modular and can be scaled up or down for size. They also have mounts for lights plus options for hi-lift shovels roto-pax fuel tanks etc. Very good quality. I ran one one my mega cab for a couple yours. The make a gutter mount bracket as well

·
Banned
338 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one once I do my dana60 swap and RS lift... Somewhere to mount a spare, a jack, maybe a shovel/axe and some extra fuel. Put on some good lights... Call it a day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.