Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No aftermarket unless you can get it rebuilt locally. The best is the denso version. 200-250 Ebay

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
6G "large-frame" design, higher output than "stock". Reman'd in the US:

https://store.alternatorparts.com/8253m-hd140-ford-diesel-alternator.aspx

They also have 160 and 200 amp units, however, they would require some other changes/modifications to your system to handle the higher current.

Don't run that "Denso" Jap-$h!t (which is probably assembled in S-E Asia/China anyway) on your :fordoval:!

~Al

·
Registered
232 Posts
I run a autozone gold unit on mine no problem with it. I just get a replacement when it goes bad for free. I am only replaced one in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
I run a autozone gold unit on mine no problem with it. I just get a replacement when it goes bad for free. I am only replaced one in 10 years.
Yeah, I've run generators from A-zone. But haven't had the best of luck with them. They work, when they work, but don't seem to work for long. And of course they always fail at the most opportune time! (NOT)

Original factory Gen lasted about 9 years. Since then I've been through three A-zone "Gold" generators, all replaced under warranty. The most recent one (on the truck now) was supposedly a "brand new" unit, not reman'd, but was "hecho en China".

Sooo... I'm going to pull it before this winter and replace it with one of the 160-amp units from the company cited above (and increase the conductor size from Gen to Batteries).

·
Administrator
8,341 Posts
i have a local shop rebuild my units.
in 45 years of dealing with them, i have only had one unit need replacing, the starter for my 02 diesel........because it was a new unit and not one of his rebuilds. he warrantied it and built it properly. the alternator and starter in the 88 are 28 years old with 400,000 miles on it, the alternator in the 02 is 250+ amps custom build and 11 years old.
starters and alternators in the 79's are all over 25 years old and still work fine.
auto parts parts are a crap shoot. the rebuilders replace what is bad and call it rebuilt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts