Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Military Member
309 Posts
Hopefully this will do it. Wasn't sure of your year but they should be the same from 2005-2007.

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Good Morning guys,

I am looking for the best remote start/alarm. After searching around google and the "other" site, I heard a lot of good things about AstroStart. I really want something reliable and that has great distance. AstroStart is claiming over a mile range. You can also set the time that you want your glowplugs to run. Does anyone have any experience with them? Will the unit wait the full time for the glowplugs to run, before cold starting?

Thanks in advance for you help.:psn:
Get this:Viper 5902

I have the Auto Page C3 RS-900 LCD with turbo timer(user adjustable)

I had mine installed by RAYS in Addison, please tell them I referred you!

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Ive had the clifford version of the viper 5901 in mine for about 2 years now. Works great. Eats batteries at a rate of 1 AAA every 2 months. Using rechargable batteries now so no biggy.

Range is an easy 1 mile. Works inside stores better than my cellphone does :D

Ive had one false alarm from a severe thunderstorm and my trucks been hit 2 times in parking lots and it warned me and allowed me to actually get there in time to see the people that did it both times. Once they were still there hoping no one saw them and the other they were driving off slowly.

Thing is a must have. I have the starter disable and fuel disable wired into it. Never had to test that real world yet and hope I never do.

Remote start is flawless and also it knows if it doesnt start for some reason and doesnt grind the starter.

Mines since been discontinued but this is the new version.

Clifford MATRIX-50.7X (5702x) - Sonic Electronix

Sonic has the alarms at 1/2 the price of bestbuy, not sure vs other places.

If your not electrically inclined Id sugest getting it installed by a pro and usually that means buying from the installer since they dont like installing stuff they dont sell. But if your willing to do it yourself sonic is a good place to get it from. Ive bought probably $15,000 or more from sonic and nothing but great experiences with them. Good company.

·
Ford Forever
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ive had the clifford version of the viper 5901 in mine for about 2 years now. Works great. Eats batteries at a rate of 1 AAA every 2 months. Using rechargable batteries now so no biggy.

Range is an easy 1 mile. Works inside stores better than my cellphone does :D

Ive had one false alarm from a severe thunderstorm and my trucks been hit 2 times in parking lots and it warned me and allowed me to actually get there in time to see the people that did it both times. Once they were still there hoping no one saw them and the other they were driving off slowly.

Thing is a must have. I have the starter disable and fuel disable wired into it. Never had to test that real world yet and hope I never do.

Remote start is flawless and also it knows if it doesnt start for some reason and doesnt grind the starter.

Mines since been discontinued but this is the new version.

Clifford MATRIX-50.7X (5702x) - Sonic Electronix

Sonic has the alarms at 1/2 the price of bestbuy, not sure vs other places.

If your not electrically inclined Id sugest getting it installed by a pro and usually that means buying from the installer since they dont like installing stuff they dont sell. But if your willing to do it yourself sonic is a good place to get it from. Ive bought probably $15,000 or more from sonic and nothing but great experiences with them. Good company.
Dude thank you!

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Theres very little plug and play to it. You have to find each wire and splice into it. If your not used to electronics or wiring I wouldnt try this one alone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 Ford excursion limited edtion, with a 6.0 diesel in it. What would be the best remote starter to get?

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts

Well as I keep working on my truck I keep thinking of the next step so its time for a revival and see what everyone is using now. This is the setup I am looking at getting. Offers many options for upgrade.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Couldn't have found an older thread? Lol
Seems way too pricey for what it is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
Couldn't have found an older thread? Lol
Seems way too pricey for what it is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I tried but this was the best I could do. its pricy but its got great range and best I can tell they will honor the warranty even if I install it.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet. So @heavydoc can be happy that it finally did.? And @Turd-250 "WILL" be blamed for.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Compustar, isn’t the a Directed electronics subsidy? I always love Directed products and wound up with viper 2 way.. had a 3 mile range with 2 way transponder... 600 installed is what I payed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
Compustar, isn’t the a Directed electronics subsidy? I always love Directed products and wound up with viper 2 way.. had a 3 mile range with 2 way transponder... 600 installed is what I payed..

it does not appear to be all the directed company's won't honor the warranty unless one of their highly trained idiots installs it. and I don't like people touching my wiring.

I like viper but have been looking at alternatives. plus the directed systems are a pain in the butt to program. that's why my car doesn't always start I need to lengthen the crank time.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet. So @heavydoc can be happy that it finally did.? And @Turd-250 "WILL" be blamed for.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Is crank time a programmable option or is that pre set?

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
Is crank time a programmable option or is that pre set?

its programmable but its a pain unless u have their computer system. that they talk about in the instructions. will be emailing compustar to ask questions.

after building video and data collection systems for aircraft from scratch I have a hard time giving up my wiring to some punk kid who probably watched a video pass a short test and was giving the green light to hack into my wiring.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts