Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Lol i used full synthetic walmart lube and black rtv.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Redline shockproof think is what it's called. I'd also do the SD 08 rear finned aluminum (stock cover) if it fits, first drill, thread a drain plug in it though.

jrc
I would only use amsoil. Only company that actually has any test results. Also Banks rear end differential cover. They have the only patent! Lifetime warranty if ever breaks. Only company that actually tasted their covers. 362% cooler than stock covers. ( Flat backs) and over a 100 some percent cooler than any after market untested cover! Buy one that's been tested. But not money just my Opinion...

·
Project Shamu
2,467 Posts
I would only use amsoil. Only company that actually has any test results. Also Banks rear end differential cover. They have the only patent! Lifetime warranty if ever breaks. Only company that actually tasted their covers. 362% cooler than stock covers. ( Flat backs) and over a 100 some percent cooler than any after market untested cover! Buy one that's been tested. But not money just my Opinion...
It would be nice if they made them for Fords... GM and Dodge only as of now.

Thanks salesmen, and nice necro.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Lt Dan,

If you can use that fancy scanner to get me a bolt pattern and the inside curvature of one of our Sterling axles' cover plates... I could get creative on my big mill.

Cj

·
Registered
285 Posts
It would be nice if they made them for Fords... GM and Dodge only as of now.
Hello!

I just replaced my diff cover with the '08 Ford finned, aluminum cover.

I also used the Amsoil 7W-140 - it uses 7 pints, which means 3 qts and a pint.

I used the permatex High Temp Copper RTV. I've always liked it. I would also you the Black RTV if I didn't have the copper.

I'll let you know if it leaks when I finally get her on the road.

·
Project Shamu
2,467 Posts
Lt Dan,

If you can use that fancy scanner to get me a bolt pattern and the inside curvature of one of our Sterling axles' cover plates... I could get creative on my big mill.

Cj
I actually have an axle sitting in my garage ;) I can draw up the whole thing and send it to you to make? How complex could you get?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts