Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck won't start and I suspect it to be the ignition. Batteries are good but wanna know where would be the best place to order an ignition. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
what kind of ignition are you talking about?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
truck wouldn't start, but someone told me on FTE to tighten the the 2 bolts under the steering column. It will be later this evening beofre i get home to it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ok, diesels dont really have ignitions like a gasser does, essentially the "ignition" is the compression that causes the fuel to combust. If there is a starting problem it is either fuel (pump, injectors, etc) or computer (IDM, CPS, and other sensors and computers) related. Im not sure what tightening two bolts under the steering column will do, never heard of that but im no expert so who knows.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
CPS?

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
ok, diesels dont really have ignitions like a gasser does, essentially the "ignition" is the compression that causes the fuel to combust. If there is a starting problem it is either fuel (pump, injectors, etc) or computer (IDM, CPS, and other sensors and computers) related. Im not sure what tightening two bolts under the steering column will do, never heard of that but im no expert so who knows.

he is talking about the ignition switch.

its on the column about 6-8inches below the wheel...held on by 2 bolts

probably not the issue

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
and we need more info...."wont start" really doenst do sh!t for us.....

does it crank, not crank? if it cranks is there any smoke?

is the oil full?

WTS light come on?

can you read codes or have some one that can?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It cranks when it wants to I should say. I just got home and it hasn't done it since. But once it doesn't start again I will tighten those two bolts.

Oil is full and it doesn't start. Def not cps from what I was told where it doesn't die when driving.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
Cps can just quit and cause a no start, is the tach moving while cranking?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If its not turning over it could be a starter....

next time it doesnt crank try hitting the starter with something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts