Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the banks intercooler kit and the port to attach the boost guage is just after the turbo outlet, if i recall correctly stock it was in the y pipe. i would think a better place to accurately read the boost would be just before it dumps in the engine. am I correct? would numbers change in the guage reading by moving it after IC? if so higher or lower?

·
Cantankerous Old *******
627 Posts
pressure is pressure, the gauge doesn't know where it's at, just what the pressure is..... I had mine in two different places, and the pressure was the same .... ....

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
with it up higer in the y you get little or on gauge flutter.form the valves opening and closing. been there done that,

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
I've had too many issues with trucks having gauge flutter on the map line. So I always recommend putting it in the spyder or intake Y.

For all you non intercooled guys here is where I put mine-

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
433 Posts
mine is also in the map line. heard of diff. brand doing fluttering while others don't.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My gauge flutters pretty bad after 20 psi and its in the map line

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine fluttered really bad in the map line. When I got the intercooler it had a port right after the turbo and no flutter up to my max psi at 24 lbs

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would think after the IC would show 1-2 Psi lower. You loose a small percentage from my experience.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
Well don't you want the reading after the intercooler? you want the actual psi going into the motor don't you?

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
Figure that you will loose 1-2lbs post I/C but it is close enough to tell you what you need to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts