Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deployed right now n saving as much money as i can to pay off bills n too save up for a house,wish i could just put the money into my truck but got to grow up some time lol.I'd like to buy gauge's for my truck when i get back and wanted to get some thoughts on the glow shift gauge's.Are they worth the money,cause for the price they seem hard to beat.Thanks for the help:rockwoot:

·
East Coast
110 Posts
I had them in my truck and as far as I can tell they were as accurate at my autometers. I like the autometers better, The Z Series is a good cheap autometer series to get into.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I havent had any problems with mine. I run the tinted 7 color series, and I love them. They come with hoods in case you feel the sun glare will be too much, but I dont use them, and can see just fine. Their green theme matches perfect with the stock gauges, so thats what I use.

I have the EGT, Fuel Press, and Trans Temp, and havent had any issues, with one exception... My fuel pressue gauge every now and then will go wierd on me. It will tap out to 100 pounds, then when I throttle down, it will waver a little bit at 70, WOT normal PSI. No biggy, has only done it a couple of times, and Im sure its a ground issue.

I say buy the GS gauges, and dont look back. 06POWERSTROKE helped install mine, and he said they are as good of quality as his autometers.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Glow Shifts are good, thats what im running. Ive only had one problem but since they are under a 1 yr warranty it go replaced. But def a good purchase and you cannot beat the price.

But as for the BEST guages...id say ISSPRO, but you are gonna spend half of that youve made over there on the guages

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
You post you want the best gauges... Then you mention Glow chift???

Sorry... Cheap is glowshift

Best is Isspro, be it performax or EV-2...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Glowshift=Cheap Ebay crap!

Tiny EGT probes and the fittings suck. Wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft. pole!

Isspro EV2 are top of the line but they aren't the best looking IMO.

I really like the Diprocol but they are out of business...

Autometer Ultra-lite are very high quality and good looking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help guys! i like the way the autometer ultra-lite looks, but way out of my price range.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I run the ISSPRO Performax gauges. Very nice! Very happy with them...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best.Isspro hands down..PM if I can price a set for you.

Cary

·
Registered
211 Posts
i just got my isspro setup from diesel manor and i love em. came with colored photo/install instructions and EVERYTHING need to install except a 21/64 drill bit and 1/8''npt tap. i got the tan paint as well which matches the factory interior flawlessly

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
The best gauges... Ummm... DiPricol, hands down. I think anybody lucky enough to have DiPricol gauges would agree. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Autometer Ultra-lite 2 are great quality. They look good and won't break the bank.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts