Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what the best fuel system upgrade for the money would be? I'm running stock injectors with an sct at the moment but will upgrade to 190s down the road. I just want a setup which will maintain ideal fuel pressure(55psi?) at all times with out spending a fortune. My understanding is that the best possible is an RR with a higher gph supply pump, but is this realy necessary for my needs?

Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
most of those stand alone pumps are internally regulated, therefore no need for a second regulator. drill out the banjo bolts and you should have plenty of fuel.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what the best fuel system upgrade for the money would be? I'm running stock injectors with an sct at the moment but will upgrade to 190s down the road. I just want a setup which will maintain ideal fuel pressure(55psi?) at all times with out spending a fortune. My understanding is that the best possible is an RR with a higher gph supply pump, but is this realy necessary for my needs?

Thanks
The fuel mod that i did was to get the new Reg Kit from Ford runs about $76.xx but I installed the AutoMeter fuel pressure gauge first along with the fuel adapter 6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter. My pressure ran 50 lb idle and 44 WOT and then installed the Kit and i went to 64 idle and 62 WOT. Pressure over 70 may blow injector o-rings and under 45 will kill injectors. I pull a 14,000 lb 5er and i do not want my injectors to go hungry.
2 stroker

·
Cincy Powerstroke
124 Posts
i have this same ?... 190's with a little bigger turbo and trying to decide which fuel kit is the best route?

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a self regulated supply pump and bigger banjo bolts should do the job? Any pointers on how to go about doing the banjo bolt mod? I'm a little weary about attempting to drill them out myself. Also is a cross over line behind the heads really necessary?

Thanks

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
you could order the 6.4 banjos, so you don't have to drill.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Airdog2 and either drill your banjos or get the 3 hole banjos on ebay. That's all.

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another thing I was a little confused about was if it mattered if I ran a regulated or non regulated pump. It seems to me like in both cases I'd be supplying greater fuel volume to the factory regulator except one pump would regulate the pressure and one would not. Does it matter? Is there something Im missing?

Thanks

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Same plan here with the 190's. I just bought a FASS 150/180 and will be putting it in tomorrow. I'm running 3/8" fuel lines all the way from the tank to the fuel bowl so I should definitely have PLENTY of go juice!

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I didnt know you could do that, I assume they swap right over and flow as much fuel as drilled 6.0 banjo's?

Thanks
You sure can. Have them in mine. 6.4 banjos have 4 holes with no check valve and are cheaper than the 3 hole bolts on ebay. I think i payed about 10 bucks for them at the dealer.

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
Another thing I was a little confused about was if it mattered if I ran a regulated or non regulated pump. It seems to me like in both cases I'd be supplying greater fuel volume to the factory regulator except one pump would regulate the pressure and one would not. Does it matter? Is there something Im missing?

Thanks
I don't know if this answers your question, but my future plans are to go with a airdog2, and bypass the factory stuff by splitting the fuel supply to the heads on top of the motor. My thought is if you have a regulated pump why run it through the factory regulator when you can just have a straight shot to the motor, no need for redundancy. Check the "Banjo bolt" thread, should have some info in there for you.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I ran my Airdog just after the Tank, then I put a raptor pump on it after that, (AD2 was not available then). Then straight from there right up to a 4 way X type fitting, (Deleted the entire fuel bowl), ran new 3/8 lines out of two directly into fittings in the heads, and used the other port for a FP gauge. Contrary to the myth, you don't need x over lines, or a check valve in the line. Been running a set of 190's that way for 2+ years. Fuel pressure set at 60 PSI, when I nail it hard, it drops to 59.99999 PSI. LOL

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more question, the airdog II replaces the HFCM correct? So where does that leave the engine mounted secondary fuel filter? Can you just leave the fuel bowl empty with no filter?

·
Registered
536 Posts
subscribing,

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
any more input here?
I'd just leave the secondary filter in there, but you will probably have to hardly ever change it if at all. Not like it's going to hurt anything by having it there though.

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just assumed after a while it would get extremely dirty so I assumed it taking it out would be best. Did you leave your stock fuel pressure regulator in there too?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts