Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new injectors are on the way (Warren 175/75 with spool upgrade) Jess thinks the stock system is sufficient. Patrick said I should do a fuel system. What's should I so? I have a regulated return already. So here's my question if I decide to go with a fuel system what's the best option for me, it's a dd that tows three to five times a year. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Airdog 150 feeding your stock pump, that should be more than enough to keep up with that size of injector.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen a lot if trash talk about the airdog products makes me scared to buy one

·
JGman141
859 Posts
It's only the airdog 2 that sucks, I had one and it went out 3 or 4 times. The pump was originally designed for low pressure applications like the cummins and dmax use. The 6.0 needs around 50-60psi of fuel, the only difference I could find between the airdog 150 and airdog 2 was the regulator. When you have a system designed to function as a low pressure pump and jam a stiffer regulator in to get it up to the required pressure, things are going to go bad LOL. I know Nate (windrunner408) has ran a airdog 150 for over 2 years now with zero issues. So a stock pump with an ad 150 pump acting as a lift for it should have no issues feeding 175/75 injectors( as long as the stock pump is healthy). Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called sinister doing an airdog 150 and sinister sump $715 is that a good deal?

·
JGman141
859 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the way

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm running Full Force 190/100s with a RR and stock fuel pump... no sump no feeder pump... 62-63 psi all day long...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did I waste my money? Every vendor I talked to told me to get the pump :confused:

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Did I waste my money? Every vendor I talked to told me to get the pump :confused:
No you didn't waste your money, your taking a lot of strain off of your stock pump and if you decide to step up to a fuel lab or a1000, you'll have a nice lift pump to supply that as well.

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
If I could do mine all over again I would do a sump to the air dog 150 feeding the stocker, then straight to the regulated return. From what I've gathered that's three parts of the fuel system that has given the least amount of headaches. I say that because you do not i repeat do not like goin down the road seeing your fuel pressure drop to 0 in the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
128 Posts
U didn't waste ur money... I just didn't want to spend it right then so I just got a reduced stock ford one and used that... mine will die before yours I will do one eventually just wanted to throw the option out there that it can be done... but I estimate this yr or next she'll be toast

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
175/75? I thought you were going with 175/30? Would have been better off IMO. Oh well.
You will drop slightly with the stock system, depending on PW (anything above 2.4ms).The 6.4 pump, then the stock HFCM to a regulated return will probably work the best.

Oh, also. He didnt modify your spool valve, just his new solenoid. The new spools are only for 400cc or lager injectors.

Also, Patrick's truck still isnt running after a year and a half. LOL

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figured the 175/75s would be better for me since I drive mostly highway a little more power in the passing lane. I only tow about five times a year and I can keep the weight down to 12/13k I'm also thinking of a turbo upgrade soon 68mm stage 3 I'm going to get drew to build me an aggressive tow tune

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really couldn't get a strait answer on the 75's vs 30's other than 30's will give you low end and 75's give you top end. I'm not a racer so I took the top end for highway plus my truck has 4.10 gears has plenty of low end already

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
The 75's are better for racing. 30's are better for towing, and lower EGT's.

sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well maybe I will surprise some ricers, I don't tow much I'll just have to pull some fuel. I still have my dmax for pulling most of the time anyway if I don't like the 75's I can always sell them. The reason I choose the 75's is cause of Denny's truck it was pulling really hard down low not a lot of smoke either. It really puts you back in the seat lift and all he has 3.73 I figured the 4.10 gears would pull a little harder. I hate double buying stuff:(

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
They will still be fine for either or...
IIRC, a 75% nozzle can flow 240cc's of fuel, so its more then enough.

sent from my Smart Car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts