Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black excursion has fine scratches i wanna remove any ideas?

·
Registered
162 Posts
polish and machine glaze.... if need more compound, polish, machine glaze.. if need more wet sand with 3000 grit, compound, polish, machine glaze

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think i will take it and have it done.

·
Registered
162 Posts
its not too hard.. i did my truck with a buddie of mine. just very time consuming.

can the scratches grab your fingernail as you lightly run it across the scratch?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No there is a couple but most it just looks like someone washed it with a dirty mitt.

·
Registered
162 Posts
look on youtube on how to polish a vehicle with a polisher. its not hard. only issue is with it being black u will have to cut finer the n polish and go to glaze. if it was a white truck. u could stop at polish.

then if any spots are still there just hit thoes spots with compund...ect, not the whole truck again

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Compound, swirl remover, polish, glaze, wax, and then I like to throw a coat of Nu-Finish on for durability.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i love griots garage polish set up they have machine polishes 1-4 and they work awesome. i clay, polish 1-4, best of show wax, and paint sealant. its a very long process but well worth it, i do the polishes once and year and clay, wax, paint sealant twice a year. its a great arm work out taking it off! i apply with a porter cable random orbital. call the guys at griots garage im sure they will be happy to give u extremely profession advice.(be careful dont burn up the paint with sitting in one spot) griots offers a Polishing and Waxing book that is a wonderful read with pictures to haha

·
Registered
666 Posts
Turtle wax and a light buff works best for me, just rub in the wax and lightly buff off. Turtle wax seem to be pretty durable too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts