Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
WHITE LIGHTING
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an expierence with trying to find a perfect turbo set up? Ive looked at the KC38R with a 66mm compressor wheel and a 73mm exducer wheel. Other being a Garret GTP38R with a 66mm compressor wheel and 88mm exducer. I have 175/stock nozzels injectors by swamp and custom tuning by them also. Thanks for any help!

·
College Student
205 Posts
I have a KCTP38R with baby swamps injectors (150/146) with their tunes on a TS6 and I feel like bigger injectors would be better like the ones you have.
Ive been more than happy with my turbo.

·
143 Posts
The SXE are not complete drop in, but are much better in performance, much more modern design, come on
at much lower rpm.. Above 2000 rpm the 38R is great, but has a tendancey to drop off lower than that. It was
the best choice 10-years ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run the kc 63/73 journal bearing turbo with 205/30's and it runs great. A good friend of mine has the kc38r with 160/30s and it spools good as well. The difference is he is auto and i'm 6 speed. I was told by Charlie from KC there is not much of a difference between the spool of the ball bearing turbo and their new journal bearing turbos. Reason being their new compressor wheel and turbine wheel work very well. He actually talked me into the less expensive journal bearing turbo which surprised me.

·
WHITE LIGHTING
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thank you for the info, I just wanted to get an idea of what setups people are running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts