Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
the best is gonna be based on opinon by everyone that posts.

you cant go wrong with tunes from GO-GO, innovative, gearhead or any other 6.0 tuners.

·
PSN Local
200 Posts
Doug at GoGo diesel... His shift points are great.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Everyone is gonna say something different but Eric's Xtreme files at innovative are just awesome:evil

·
your mom
211 Posts
tad at elitediesel his insanity ff tune awsome.

·
Still learning
367 Posts
Innovative or Go Go

·
Registered
583 Posts
Innovative all the way for me but there are a few other good tuners out there too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My question is are there any dyno proven better running tunes? I know most is based on opinion but have any of the high hp tunes been compared racing or dyno wise?

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
My question is are there any dyno proven better running tunes? I know most is based on opinion but have any of the high hp tunes been compared racing or dyno wise?
People have been dynoing them for years. Eric will beat me on some trucks. I beat him on others. That's just for HP. Sometimes when he beats me for HP I beat him in torque. At the end of the day we are within a small amount of HP difference. And the preference for shifting, pedal feel, and other things come into play.

There is no best. But there is a better for each person.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
People have been dynoing them for years. Eric will beat me on some trucks. I beat him on others. That's just for HP. Sometimes when he beats me for HP I beat him in torque. At the end of the day we are within a small amount of HP difference. And the preference for shifting, pedal feel, and other things come into play.

There is no best. But there is a better for each person.
exactly.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats kind of what i figured. I know that tuners have been tested on a specific truck and sct came out on top with the closest hp/tq claims compared to actual gains. I just wasnt sure if the tunes had been compared fairly.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Thats kind of what i figured. I know that tuners have been tested on a specific truck and sct came out on top with the closest hp/tq claims compared to actual gains. I just wasnt sure if the tunes had been compared fairly.
Doesn't even matter about closest compared power and torque number. Show me another tuner that modifies the transmission file. You can't.

Most of the canned files still have EGR enabled. Most of the canned files have flaws in them.

The down side to the whoring out of non custom tuned SCTs and the marketing that makes them sound like they are as good as what comes from people like myself, Eric or Matt, is a joke.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Vivian from quick tricks automotive(Used to be part of DJ's diesel performance) Very good tuner awesome person. Get there Looney tune and don't look back

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Vivian from quick tricks automotive(Used to be part of DJ's diesel performance) Very good tuner awesome person. Get there Looney tune and don't look back
No reason to look behind you. The competition would be in front.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts