Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RICH
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2001CCSB 7.3 just put 37's on it tranny revs high and then shifts who has best chip for shifting rpms and lock up with big tires. Thanks

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Ts with beans tunes

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
here we go again. call all the tuners and discuss your needs and plans. Go with the one you feel most comfortable with. You will want a JW or BTS valve body first. Tell your tuner you have it and that will help them to tune the trans. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
If its reving high then shifting it sounds like you have a trans issue, so before getting a chip and then ruining your trans and blaming it on the chip......I would address the trans issue first.

·
RICH
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here we go again. call all the tuners and discuss your needs and plans. Go with the one you feel most comfortable with. You will want a JW or BTS valve body first. Tell your tuner you have it and that will help them to tune the trans. Good luck.
Thanks ordering valve body in morning

·
RICH
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its reving high then shifting it sounds like you have a trans issue, so before getting a chip and then ruining your trans and blaming it on the chip......I would address the trans issue first.
Thanks for advice if it blows, just have to fix it dont have time to play blame game $$

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
When you say it revs high do you mean it's like slipping or the shift is coming late?

·
RICH
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you say it revs high do you mean it's like slipping or the shift is coming late?
I have a 2000 X with ts tunes stock tires and it runs great the 2001 with 37s doesnt shift tell way later rpm and locks up later too no chip yet though i will get valve body tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Have a 2001CCSB 7.3 just put 37's on it tranny revs high and then shifts who has best chip for shifting rpms and lock up with big tires. Thanks
Although a chip will help in so many ways,the first thing to address is why now after installing 37's is the trans is "acting" up. Didn't happen before, right?

Just some info....

The trans is most likely ok. When installing bigger then stock tires it will throw the speedo off. You can use a GPS to determine how much. This will effect the trans shifting. Shift points are based off of speed and throttle position. The bigger tires are changing these shift patterns.

Simple solution-have the speedo recalibrated.

Diane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts