Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of brakes on my truck I do alot of pulling and the stock stuff just not holding up especially the front and rotors so was wondering what everyone has been using and seems peddle getting soft to I was thinking about goin to stainless brake lines also was wanting to see who has swapped them out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I went with drilled & slotted rotors with ceramic pads. I love em. Not sure on longevity, but they stop my truck amazingly better than the stock set up.
I went this route after adding some power and the truck didn't want to stop anymore. I had a couple white knuckle experiences and new brakes where ordered. Also, make sure your calipers are in good shape and go ahead replace the slide pins.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with drilled & slotted rotors with ceramic pads. I love em. Not sure on longevity, but they stop my truck amazingly better than the stock set up.
I went this route after adding some power and the truck didn't want to stop anymore. I had a couple white knuckle experiences and new brakes where ordered. Also, make sure your calipers are in good shape and go ahead replace the slide pins.
What brand did u go with and how long have u had them? Calipers and slide pins are probably a year old and put new brake lines on it but peddle just feels spongy. Was thinking of putting all stainless lines on it to see if that will help to .

·
Registered
160 Posts
These are what I bought Front+Rear Drill Slot Brake Rotors + Carbon Ceramic Pads For Ford F250 F350 4WD | eBay
The pads, I believe, are powerstop, I'd have to check the box tomorrow. I don't recall if the rotors had a brand on them. I've had them for a year and they're holding up pretty well. I would buy them again, without a doubt.
I think my pedal felt spongy, but I don't recall for sure. I know that I went from mediocre brakes (at best) to some great stopping power. They work so well, I've never locked my brakes up with them.
If you have a spongy pedal, there are things you need to check besides pads and rotors. Brake fluid holds water and then causes a spongy pedal. Another thing is soft brake lines. Steel branded lines don't help as much as you'd think, but new lines, no matter the material, will feel way better if the old ones are expanding (soft). If you haven't flushed your brake fluid, I'd start there, unless your set on new lines, then you'll have to flush anyways.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are what I bought Front+Rear Drill Slot Brake Rotors + Carbon Ceramic Pads For Ford F250 F350 4WD | eBay
The pads, I believe, are powerstop, I'd have to check the box tomorrow. I don't recall if the rotors had a brand on them. I've had them for a year and they're holding up pretty well. I would buy them again, without a doubt.
I think my pedal felt spongy, but I don't recall for sure. I know that I went from mediocre brakes (at best) to some great stopping power. They work so well, I've never locked my brakes up with them.
If you have a spongy pedal, there are things you need to check besides pads and rotors. Brake fluid holds water and then causes a spongy pedal. Another thing is soft brake lines. Steel branded lines don't help as much as you'd think, but new lines, no matter the material, will feel way better if the old ones are expanding (soft). If you haven't flushed your brake fluid, I'd start there, unless your set on new lines, then you'll have to flush anyways.
Yea I think powerstop has a kit I was wondering how good they were and if the rotors hold up . Yea I had problems with it pulling to one side Everytime I would stop and have replaced everything but brake lines and I finally changed them I couldn't find oem so got some from O'Reilly and it feels worse now than it did before don't pull as bad no more but peddle feels more soft now . I'm gone change lines and put new fluid in it next for sure .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts