Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new batteries for my truck... Whats the best for the
$$$. Just figured id throw it out there since its gonna be over $200 that id rather not spend... Thanks. Trucks a late model 99 7.3

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Carter: I really don't know what is best battery for the $$$ ... I have had great luck with Duralast --from Autozone...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Gold-Battery/2001-Ford-F250-Super-Duty-P-U-4WD/_/N-jeuc3Zacy27?counter=0&itemIdentifier=53433_31059_6229_

I just had to buy 2 of them for my 01... Last week... $134ea...

I did come upon some knowledge that I was totally ignorant on... once a year swap like before winter... swap your batteries...{Put your passenger side battery in the drivers side spot & Visa with the drivers side battery to the passenger side spot}... I have come upon owners who have done this and not had to replace batteries for 6 to 10 yrs... I also found out that the Duralast is made by the same company that produces the Sears DieHard... which has proven it self for many many yrs...

I really was amazed with the difference 2 new batteries makes...Startup is like instant now... No more 2 sec cranking... Now I'm not really that worried about winter now...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I sell Mighty/Exide brand and they are awesome. I installed their 65-60P model which is a 850CCA. I also have a New Napa Ledgend 880 CCA (Free replacement). And I too was amazed at the difference in cranking speed. Anyone in northwest ohio(toledo or south eastern michigan) pm me and I can hook you up with the battery for about $95. 5 yr warrenty. 20 month free replacement, $1 month thereafter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I sell Mighty/Exide brand and they are awesome. I installed their 65-60P model which is a 850CCA. I also have a New Napa Ledgend 880 CCA (Free replacement). And I too was amazed at the difference in cranking speed. Anyone in northwest ohio(toledo or south eastern michigan) pm me and I can hook you up with the battery for about $95. 5 yr warrenty. 20 month free replacement, $1 month thereafter.
I bought my set from Costco's, I think I paid $62.00 a battery 2 years ago. I have no complaints with them, and for the price at the time I couldn't beat it.

My two cents

02Ex

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
DieHard PLATINUMS or Oddessy's (same battery differnt label) the sears version are quite a bit less expensive(still not cheap tho)

one of the best batteries out there

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
the most failed batteries we run into are Dura####s from Afrozone and whatever brand Advance sells... Dont cheap out on batteries, just like tires. Interstate and AC Delco FTW

·
Registered
61 Posts

SledDogg

oops .....i apologize for quoting you in my response, i was was responding from my phone and didn't realize i added your quote.
It wasn't a dig, just an honest mistake.

02EX

·
350 Dump Stroker 4x4
51 Posts
Go to Walmart and get them. You then get a 3 year warranty with them. They are holding up in both our diesels and about all our other care since we bought 8 batteries so far this year. Each of our vehicles old batteries all decided to die the same year!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I second the Walmart MAXX 65N for our diesels
They are great!
I haven't tried them in my truck but my neighbor bought some for his Dmax after seeing what kind of service I'm getting out of their deep cucles in the toyhauler. They are over 5 yrs old. Never added water or charged them and that's good here in this heat. He has had good luck with them. This heat is a killer and they are over 3 yrs old and still good. If I ever need to buy for the truck that's what I will get. So far the Sam's batt get replaced every 2 yrs for $50 for both cause the won't last. PITA but it's cheap.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
They are great!
I haven't tried them in my truck but my neighbor bought some for his Dmax after seeing what kind of service I'm getting out of their deep cycles in the toyhauler. They are over 5 yrs old. Never added water or charged them and that's good here in this heat. He has had good luck with them. This heat is a killer and they are over 3 yrs old and still good. If I ever need to buy for the truck that's what I will get. So far the Sam's batt get replaced every 2 yrs for $50 for both cause the won't last. PITA but it's cheap.

·
SCstroker
52 Posts
Consumer Reports just had an article about truck batteries. They said the ones you get at Costco where the best. They listed the Diehard batteries too, but the best bang for your buck where the Costco brand battery group 65. Go figure.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Consumer Reports just had an article about truck batteries. They said the ones you get at Costco where the best. They listed the Diehard batteries too, but the best bang for your buck where the Costco brand battery group 65. Go figure.

just so there's no confusion, the DieHard Platinums are not the same in anyway (except for the name and being sold by sears) as the standard piece of crap DieHard series.

I would NOT recommend the regular DieHard batteries to anyone

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
They are great!
I was wondering how the wally world batteries held up in these trucks. My three year old Wally World deep cycles are doing great in my trailer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would go Costco first (i have in my truck) and if not Costco Card i would go walmart or kmart.

Terry

·
Registered
298 Posts
walmart batteries suck! ive replaced them twice in a year> dont carry enough cca for the diesels. im breaking down and buying optimas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My sister works for Johnson control who is a distributor for most all stores , dealerships etc. Was old by her that auto zone and walmart are right at the top . Motorcraft also .autozone over advance ,there is a difference she says . Hope the info helps

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Go to Walmart and get them. You then get a 3 year warranty with them.
I did the same thing, Wally's. Another thing is, Wal-Marts are all over so if you do run into a problem down the road any W-M will take care of you. Two years strong here with my 850 cca- 1000 ca Everstarts..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts